Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

MTW turbo vs stock 03 turbo

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  fdchief 
#1 ·
I am wanting to get a new turbo for my 2006 F-350. It's all stock except for 5" exhaust. No tune. I am wanting the sounds of a 2003 turbo but if I can get a little more performance out of it that would be great too. My question is, does the 2003 MTW Stage 1 turbo have the same sound as a stock 03 turbo? And should I be looking at a completely different option? Are MTW turbos the best turbo option? Thanks in advance. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
An MTW Stage 1 with the 03' 10 vane turbine wheel will sound like the 03' turbo. It will also have a slightly louder intake whistle. Our turbo's are completely rebuilt and come with a larger than stock (63.5mm same as the PMax) compressor wheel. This will net you more power and lower EGT's on the stock tune, but will really shine with an ECM tune.

#7 ·
Go with the Mad Turbo Werks.. Def the route im going when its time to upgrade the turbo... from all i can see their customer service is top notch and they back up there product amazingly well.. which this day in age is a rarity...

I researched this for a couple months before i came to this conclusion.. so i know what you are going thru Op... Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.