a little help with tuning options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
a little help with tuning options

I have a remotely stock 2004 F240 Harley Davidson edition PSD...

Currently have the Edge Juice with Attitude CTS. It has the 6 "power levels" Are those somewhat different then a tune itself?

I am looking to tune the truck, I have heard of a few places that will tune the Edge. Who is the Best?

Also, I have a locked SCT X3 tuner from my 2010 Mustang which I could send back to SCT and have unlocked for 150 or so. Then buy a tune and go that route (it should work with my truck, I havent looked to far into that route)

What do you all recommend?

I was planning on doing an EGR delete and a tune to to get rid of the check engine lamp if it were to come on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Here is a copy/paste from PHP.

It is with regret that we are announcing that we will no longer be offering custom tuning for the Edge CS and CTS after December 31, 2012. Since the CS and CTS were released, we have tried to work around some of the limitations of Fusion (Edge internet update software) to help our customers that use our custom tunes. Unfortunately, Fusion was not designed to accommodate custom tuning and so this has been on ongoing struggle for us and our customers. We have asked Edge to modify this software and Edge is willing to have one of their engineers redesign the Fusion software to accommodate our custom tunes. However, after evaluating the size and scope of that project, we have decided that, at this time, we are not in a financial position to make that investment.

http://forum.gopowerhungry.com/gryph...ts-programmer/

Get your SCT unlocked, it will work on the 6.0.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

who is a good tune writer for the SCTs?
Old 07-04-2013, 01:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gearhead

Old 07-04-2013, 02:01 AM
Premium Member

Unless your SCT has all of the locks used up you should be able to unlock it yourself.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:25 AM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qholic View Post
Unless your SCT has all of the locks used up you should be able to unlock it yourself.
Nope, if it's locked, the device needs to be sent back to SCT.

http://www.sctflash.com/support/inde...cleid=24&nav=0

Old 07-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Premium Member

Rich, this is what I meant to say from someone way smarter than me:

"No you can't use the same unit to run two different trucks. Once you tune the first truck, the SCT locks onto the VIN (marries).

Now if you return the first truck back to stock tune, then you can tune the second truck. BUT then you loose one of the five "unlocks". SCT devices come new with "5 unlocks left", whenever the SCT sees a different VIN it uses up a "unlock". After all 5 unlocks are used up, you will need to send it back to SCT for a unlock fee of $150.

So let's say you tune the first truck, then go back to stock and tune the second truck, you will use up a "unlock". Now you want to tune the first truck again, return the second truck back to stock and tune the first truck, guess what.... You just used up another "unlock". Now you only have "3 unlocks left". Every time the SCT saves a VIN, it uses up a "unlock".

You can tune the first truck as many times as you want and not loose any "unlocks". Because the SCT already has recognized/stores the first trucks VIN."
Old 07-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Powerstroke Techie

LOL!! Sorry Shawn! I misunderstood your first post. I was only on my first cup of coffee! HA!

Old 07-04-2013, 11:31 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
who is a good tune writer for the SCTs?
This is only my opinion and ONLY from research here but I was going to get one tune from tony wildman and a tow and looney from vivian. there are about a million threads here debating tunes and from what i can gather pretty much anybody who writes custom tunes can work wonders with your truck.
I guess grab a cuppa and dive in and see who seems to hit closest to what you want. That is probably my best advice. I just wanted to support wildman and vivian after having spoken briefly with each on this forum.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Innovative tunes make awesome power. Vivian's tunes are quick too, Tony's tunes are compareable to Vivian's in the power arena. TSD and Gearhead write AWESOME daily driver tunes, but don't seem to run out on the top like Innovative's Extreme tunes (not as fast on the top as Innovative).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.