SCT installed for first time!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to mikeslegers
SCT installed for first time!!!

Just got done with a test run with my X3, and it was amazing. I ran an Extreme Street tune from Innovative, it was so awesome. I'm so glad i dumped my other tuner to pick up the X3!

I'm going to have to get new tires soon if i keep driving like i just did!
I'd like to thank Innovative for the service. And AvroAero, eazenutz33 for helping me with the software junk, and everyone else helping me with the tuning process!

My egts increased a lot faster than stock, so i could only lay on the throttle for a few seconds before they reached 1250. I'm a little scared to go over that for an extended period of time. Now i need to get new exhaust to free up the fumes.
This SCT is awesome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
Congrats on the SCT!!!

And your tires will not like you, now your tire dealer will love you!!

Don't sweat the EGTs for short bursts like 1/4 runs and such. I hit 1440s in the 1/4 and it is for such a short distance, its effects are nominal.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:00 PM

sct is awesome... im tryin not to ruin my new tires
Old 04-01-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUStroker6.0 View Post
sct is awesome... im tryin not to ruin my new tires
Ya the sct is way awesome , but it making me worry too (lifting the heads, egts)
Old 04-01-2008, 08:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeslegers View Post
Ya the sct is way awesome , but it making me worry too (lifting the heads, egts)
dont sweat it man, if you have under 100k miles you will be covered. My warranty is still good for another year. I just had my headstuds done. All under warranty I paid $107.00 even. I also had the dealer put ARP studs there. My next thing is since they replaced my EGR cooler. Im gonna delete it next with Elites diesel's EGR delete kit. Its like $30 bucks. The SCT disables it I believe so I just want to delete it totally. My truck was running about 34-36 daily getting on it ALOT. I finally messed something up. But thats not to say that you wont ever have a problem, you could go your trucks whole life without 1 single problem. But the 03 did have the stock head bolt problem. But the 03 is a great year. Get some things now that will help with EGTs, meth, intake, CFM, maybe even an intercooler.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f250stroke View Post
dont sweat it man, if you have under 100k miles you will be covered. My warranty is still good for another year. I just had my headstuds done. All under warranty I paid $107.00 even. I also had the dealer put ARP studs there. My next thing is since they replaced my EGR cooler. Im gonna delete it next with Elites diesel's EGR delete kit. Its like $30 bucks. The SCT disables it I believe so I just want to delete it totally. My truck was running about 34-36 daily getting on it ALOT. I finally messed something up. But thats not to say that you wont ever have a problem, you could go your trucks whole life without 1 single problem. But the 03 did have the stock head bolt problem. But the 03 is a great year. Get some things now that will help with EGTs, meth, intake, CFM, maybe even an intercooler.
I am under 100k, but the five years ends 4/21/08, i have been trying to see if a dealer could do the headstuds for me before the warranty ends. The thing is, nothing is wrong with my truck. This is getting into a whole different topic. But if you don't mind if i ask, when you got your studs done, was anything else wrong w/ your truck?
Old 04-01-2008, 09:26 PM

I sold 4 sets of ARP's to the local Ford dealership today, and all trucks had been stock! Stock exhaust, stock intake, no gauges, nothing. Not even a 25hp Banks sticker, but I know 3 of them will be ordering a custom SCT in the next few weeks. Probably a few other things too!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:32 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeslegers View Post
I am under 100k, but the five years ends 4/21/08, i have been trying to see if a dealer could do the headstuds for me before the warranty ends. The thing is, nothing is wrong with my truck. This is getting into a whole different topic. But if you don't mind if i ask, when you got your studs done, was anything else wrong w/ your truck?
My EGR cooler was bad, I had coolant everywhere. umm..if you can find a cool dealership then tell him that its bad, or maybe throw the guys a few dollars and see if he will do it for you. There was nothing wrong with my head bolts. But since they were in there they did it anyways. Its not super serious if your not gonna go crazy with your truck. But I said the same thing at first and I havent stopped modding my truck yet.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:37 PM

My 05 did the same thing. Cooler was plugged, but they changed everything under warranty. Just happened to be a set of headstuds on the passenger seat. Our local does alot of studs. I bet last year we found atleast 10 trucks leaking slightly down the side of the block before they ever tuned the truck. We usually look just incase.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:22 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
Thats how mine was done too Pat. EGR cooler went, dealership decided to pull the head to check, and looky here, ARP headstuds on the floor of the rig.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.