Ordered my go fast parts. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 01:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ordered my go fast parts.

Just ordered my Warrens 175/75 injectors yesterday and got my powermax turbo today. I have an intake manifold ready to get ported and a mtw billet wheel coming in on Wednesday. What else besides a tranny should I be looking at. I'm going to get a new fan clutch, should I go with the snow plow one or just the normal? Maybe a bullet proof water pump as well. So with the performance upgrades what should the expected hp be? I plan on hitting the Dyno after its all done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumppy View Post
Just ordered my Warrens 175/75 injectors yesterday and got my powermax turbo today. I have an intake manifold ready to get ported and a mtw billet wheel coming in on Wednesday. What else besides a tranny should I be looking at. I'm going to get a new fan clutch, should I go with the snow plow one or just the normal? Maybe a bullet proof water pump as well. So with the performance upgrades what should the expected hp be? I plan on hitting the Dyno after its all done.
Every truck is different and so is every Dyno. You are going to want custom tunes with your setup to maximize. I would take it to a scale and it to a track instead of a dyno. Trap speed is going to give you the most accurate HP imo.

Edit: Just read your sig. I would just contact vivian and give her the specifics and have her brew up a custom tune for you. Tadd did mine and they have been great, it is weird but not only do I get the best power out of his Insanity tune, but also the best mileage out of it.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:22 PM

I am running matts srl right now. I'm thinking of going with Eric's after I get everything put in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-27-2013, 07:31 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have the same setup you are going to have except ported intake with matts srl, and it rips. You cant go wrong with matt.. Only thing I had him adjust was the overdrive, had him make it shift at 55 mph instead of 45
Old 06-27-2013, 07:37 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Quote:
...I have an intake manifold ready to get ported...
Are you going to port your manifold yourself??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04cr450 View Post
I have the same setup you are going to have except ported intake with matts srl, and it rips. You cant go wrong with matt.. Only thing I had him adjust was the overdrive, had him make it shift at 55 mph instead of 45
Yea I drove my truck around for a good while with a Stage 3 and had my tuning setup to keep the tranny from shifting into OD until about 52 mph and loved it. Even running the Stage 1 and Hybrid turbos, I think OD at 45 mph is too soon. I think 50-55 mph is a better spot for these trucks. Helps with smoke and EGTs IMO.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
Are you going to port your manifold yourself??

Yea I drove my truck around for a good while with a Stage 3 and had my tuning setup to keep the tranny from shifting into OD until about 52 mph and loved it. Even running the Stage 1 and Hybrid turbos, I think OD at 45 mph is too soon. I think 50-55 mph is a better spot for these trucks. Helps with smoke and EGTs IMO.

Yes I'm going to port it myself. If I decide I don't want to anymore I may send it to you.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:37 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
I think OD at 45 mph is too soon. I think 50-55 mph is a better spot for these trucks. Helps with smoke and EGTs IMO.
Most people wouldn't think 5 mph makes a difference but it does, my OD kicks in at around 52-55 mph also!
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Yea my Stage 3 wouldn't dig itself out from 1200-1300 rpm but would take off and go just fine from 1500 rpm and even though the Stage 1 and Hybrid turbos would go from 1200 rpm, I just never liked being there anymore since I live in a really hilly area.

I guess if it is flat like Texas then it's ok to have your tranny shift into OD before 50. Otherwise I think turbos in general like it better when the truck holds direct drive a little longer.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:51 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Quote:
Yes I'm going to port it myself. If I decide I don't want to anymore I may send it to you.
Cool. It's not too bad. Hit me up if you get stuck or want any pointers/suggestions.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Cool. It's not too bad. Hit me up if you get stuck or want any pointers/suggestions.
How long should it take to cut and weld back up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.