water meth or propane???? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 09:26 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
water meth or propane????

with mods in my sig what would you use propane or water meth (snow performance stg III) im not really looking for power but would like a noticable difference. but what im really looking for is to go farther on a tank of fuel. i dont want to put a bigger tank on and dont want a tank in the bed of my truck.

Last edited by STROKER06; 03-31-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 09:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
personaly I doubt either one is going to give you better fuel milage. the meth water is safer than propane. good luck on your decision.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:40 PM

its not so much better fuel milage but with propane im susposed to be able to run longer on a tank cause its buring both. is what im told. im just wondering if thats right? also propane is like 1.20 cheaper a gal. cheaper then diesel.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to onebigbad6.0
i would personally go with the snow performance stage III. Im sure youll get better gas mileage but you will also be paying for the propane to get the better gas mileage. Somewhere on here someone calculated it all out to show that you really arent gaining anything. Youll just be paying more money (per gallon) to go farther on that tank. Not to mention the $$$ it took for the propane tank, and system. Water/ meth you will atleast get more power and lower your EGT's as long as you stay under 50/50 mix.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:19 AM

i too would suggest the watermeth, onebigbad6.0 hit the nail on the head. it's gonna coast more than double what the meth will cost and your still not guaranteed the better mileage, i saw 2mpgs w/ my Snow kit. i sold a guy a propane system last month and he didn't see any gain.

kyle
Old 04-01-2008, 11:24 AM

I saw 2-3 MPG with my LP. You just have to be careful, it can and will blow things up.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Propane - Doesn't Lower EGT's, Expensive in some areas of california, really if your not hauling heavy loads up and down hills/mountains and you dont need the extra torque then propane is not for you and with propane if you put to much boost you can actually fry your heads because of running to hot.

Meth/Water - Lowers EGT anywhere from 200 - 300 in some cases. meth will actually gain hp and tq to give you a better mpg

differences meth/water you can disable and enable when needed and increase when needed. propane kits all that i have seen for sale is you have to set the boost you want and its on from start to finish the bottle unless you install a hardline to turn it off and on but if you want more propane or less you have to stop turn it off and reset it so its more of a hassel.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:40 AM

FYI, Most of the LP systems have to be "Armed" at each key cycle and can be turned off at any time from the cab. If you have gauges (Which everyone that tows needs) you can use it wisely. Not sure what you mean by frying your heads, I'd be more worried about the advance in timing that the LP causes. I know, I cracked a block in 5 places.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.