AFE Stage 2 Si 54-81022....114 lbs????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
AFE Stage 2 Si 54-81022....114 lbs?????

Now I know that must of yall (myself included) know that the stock air box is good up to around 500 hp but this AFE CAI for 300 bone says it gains 19hp and 114 lbs x ft!!!!! Is anyone running this or has anyone see any dyno sheet (not from AFE) that can support those numbers? Iíll tell yall what, for the avg. guy like myself who does not want to tear apart their truck and dump very large amounts of money into their truck to get good performance....this looks pretty sweet.

01 f 250 CCSB-sold
05 F-250 CCLB Lariat 4x4-sold
05 F-350 CCSB lariat 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 01:02 PM

I run one. Its not 114 lbs thats for sure. I can believe the 19hp. The gains were pretty comparable to my atlas 40 ficm tune
post #3 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 01:13 PM

Its just a typo, I'm sure they meant 14 ft lbs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1-888-516-4644

GO NAVY

post #4 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker01250 View Post
Now I know that must of yall (myself included) know that the stock air box is good up to around 500 hp but this AFE CAI for 300 bone says it gains 19hp and 114 lbs x ft!!!!! Is anyone running this or has anyone see any dyno sheet (not from AFE) that can support those numbers? Iíll tell yall what, for the avg. guy like myself who does not want to tear apart their truck and dump very large amounts of money into their truck to get good performance....this looks pretty sweet.
I'm still waiting on my 114ft/lbs to kick in. I really didn't notice any difference when I put mine on except that my turbo bark got loud.

2004 6.0 ccsb Warren 430/150 hybrids, Warren Comp Trans, Warren Dual Hpop, Billet S475 w/race cover, Marty's A1000 Fuel System, Colt stage 2 and all the other supporting stuff
post #5 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric@PTP View Post
Its just a typo, I'm sure they meant 14 ft lbs.
You might be right but all the diesel performance online store say the same thing. Well thanks all for the replies. Don't think I'm going to buy one just yet.

01 f 250 CCSB-sold
05 F-250 CCLB Lariat 4x4-sold
05 F-350 CCSB lariat 4x4

post #6 of 9 Old 06-26-2013, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Don't most performance gains give you roughly twice the tq compared to hp? I know it's not always true, but to only increase 19hp and 14ft. lbs... Usually don't they tell you the highest difference in peak numbers but instead compare the power curves leading up to peak numbers....

Example: Meaning max torque might go up 50ft lbs but at 1800 rpms the power curve starts earlier essentially making 114ft lbs of torque over the stock power curve, just not at the peak of the torque curve. Hopefully this makes sense.

Another example: stock 1500 rpms=400 ft lbs after upgrade 1500rpms=550 ft lbs these numbers are nowhere near peak but when compared side by side it's easy to state 150 ft lbs more were achieved. think it's misleading and I'm surprised some companies get away with this.

05 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed
ARPs w/OEM Gaskets
MTW Stage 2 w/batmowheel

BPD oil cooler w/ cold weather package
BPD Updated umm...Everything
BPD bypass oil filter
BPD FICM 58v
Spring Mod
Egr deleted
4" Duals
Edge CTS
Custom grille made by Me

X3 w/Matts SRL+/SRLxx and Tow Tunes
Tony WildmanExtreme w/early lockup

post #7 of 9 Old 06-27-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroker01250 View Post
You might be right but all the diesel performance online store say the same thing. Well thanks all for the replies. Don't think I'm going to buy one just yet.
Thats because if its AFE's typo then its going to be in all their data and product info files that dealers get too. When that info is loaded onto the retailers site its the info they/we get from that manufacture. We nor other shops are supposed to rewrite or deviate from how the manufacture wrote their description. How ever if we happen to catch a typo or spelling error we usually correct it. But when your loading 10's of thousands of product sku's at a time its really rare that you will catch any.

1-888-516-4644

GO NAVY

post #8 of 9 Old 06-27-2013, 09:43 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
From what I've seen when more air is added without adding fuel too, HP goes up but TQ either stays the same or drops.

Nate
2006 F350 (BACKYARDIGAN) - 67mm Turbo, 215/85 injectors, WPE intake manifold, NB/Warren Trans, and more stuff that I don't care to mention....
2006 F250 (LITTLE DURTY) - WPE Manifold, Up-pipes, EGR delete kit, and Tuned By ME

BULLET PROOF DIESEL 1-888-967-6653
KC TUROS - Not just a modified Powermax...

WINDRUNNER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING

post #9 of 9 Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 PM

It could also have been on a heavily modified truck if you put a stock air box on a 800 hp truck then Put the afe on I would expect a big gain. I did notice some power with mine but not much and a lot better throttle responce and better mileage 1-2 mpg's

Tony

2005 F250 crew cab lariat,

4" lift 325/65/18 tires, head studs, built trans, egr delete, powermax turbo, 58v ficm from swamps with mild flash, 4" straight pipe, sct with innovative xtreme street and race tune's, blue spring upgrade

Stage 3, 190/100 injectors, and full fuel system on the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode