500 rwhp - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
500 rwhp

500 Rwhp seams to be the magic number. Over 500 built trans needed. 155 sticks seam to the pick. Any bigger can't tow and you need a RR fuel system. Atlas 40 seams to be the ficm pick for dd and towing. Now turbo choice is the question since there is no stage 2. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 05:19 PM

What about stock sticks stock fuel and "mad" something turbo that made 500hp?
How bout that for towing? I did hear the ficm was tuned.

How bout cheapest/easiest most power least smokey/laggy set up for daily driver work truck jobbie!
Old 06-19-2013, 05:25 PM

Intake, tune and exhaust... that's all I needed

Sorry, just
As mentioned above, look into the MTW (mad turbo works) turbos they are getting GREAT reviews around here!
Old 06-19-2013, 05:38 PM
The Silent Service

With the right tuning, and proper relearn - the transmission is probably closer to 530RWHP and reliable.

For the injector/turbo combo, I'd run an MTW with 155/30s. I'm intending to make the 500RWHP without the injectors - but there is a bit more that goes into that. (check thread in sig)

For FICM tunes, I'd run an economy (+25HP) or the Atlas40 file - depending on how heavy you are talking about towing.

You will need a solid towing file written, depending on which turbo / injector you run and your maximum load.

MTW may be able to continue to build stage 2s, another option may be that newer MTW Powermax combination.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:17 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
A MTW Stage 1 or Pmax with 11 blade single plane billet wheel with a set of 155 injectors should land you over the 500hp mark, so long as your truck's HPO system is capable of 3800-4000 psi of ICP and the tuning is there.

Tuning will be the key to achieving this.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
A MTW Stage 1 or Pmax with 11 blade single plane billet wheel with a set of 155 injectors should land you over the 500hp mark, so long as your truck's HPO system is capable of 3800-4000 psi of ICP and the tuning is there.

Tuning will be the key to achieving this.
excuse me sir... I seem to recall you posting this a couple weeks back

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrunner408 View Post
I guess I'll just end with, I'm with you in that I will NEVER recommend 155cc injectors to anyone wanting over 500hp.

Just pickin on ya Nate
Old 06-19-2013, 06:30 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Well you are correct...

Very well. I retort. 175/stocks. If Frank (twoicebergs) can tow with 190/50s and a durastroke, you can tow with 175/stocks and a Stage 1 or Pmax with billet wheel and it stands an even better chance of hitting over 500hp.

The stock tranny should hold up well at 525-530hp levels.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:31 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

175/100s with a Stage 2 have made over 550hp and towed 14k by one member down in GA.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

155/stock has been proven to achieve over 500rwhp in some trucks, however this does not always happen.

175/stock will be a good injector size to achieve the horsepower mark you are looking for. These injectors commonly fall in 540 - 575 rwhp range when matched with the proper charger.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz trk View Post
500 Rwhp seams to be the magic number. Over 500 built trans needed. 155 sticks seam to the pick. Any bigger can't tow and you need a RR fuel system. Atlas 40 seams to be the ficm pick for dd and towing. Now turbo choice is the question since there is no stage 2. Any suggestions?
I'm running 155/stock nozzle injectors and my track times show that my truck is somewhere around the 530rwhp mark. I have killed the stock trans, but I do not "baby" the truck by any means. It tows very well. I'm not sure how heavy your talking about towing but I would consider 175 injectors. Mainly because we all know that you will always want just a little more power out of it and 175's can be defueled for towing heavy, but still allow a good bit of fuel for all out race tunes and max power. I suggest the PHP FICM tuner also. I love mine! And its nice to be able to drop back to the Atlas 40 when you hook the trailer up and load the Hercules back when you unhook. As for turbos.... I can say a few things and you take them as you wish. I have the MTW Hybrid with the original Batmowheel. My truck saw NO gain in track times, mpg, or lower EGT's over the stock charger. I know that MTW now has a new billet wheel that is suppose to change that, but I have yet to see a review. I have seen enough great reviews with the Stage 1's that I would suggest going that route, staying with the stock charger, or looking elsewhere for a turbo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.