Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

live wire???

961 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  crashtest22 
#1 ·
Thinking of using my holiday money to purchase a monitoring/ tuning setup just wondering if the live wire is worth the dough or if there's something all in one type packages that's a better bang for my buck!!

#2 ·
I use livewire ts and it's a all in one package. I believe they are still $600.

#4 ·
Dont forget to add the price of the egt stuff and/or the fuel pressure stuff (not inlcuded). I thought it would be cheaper to just add on that stuff to the livewire but it is slightly more expensive than some other monitors. Even after getting it all hooked up my egts are not read correctly??? Also EBP not read correctly

Also if your monitor gets stolen you also lose your tuner/tunes (unless you have all of them saved somewhere else)

With all that said... I still love mine

#5 ·
I have to agree with this especially the part about the livewire getting stolen, I worry about that. Figure some jack leg thief would think it's a gps, even though most cell phones have better gps than a garmin.

#6 ·
I have been shopping for a new setup as well.
I currently have the SCT X3, and old bully dog outlook monitor.

I had been eyeballing the livewire TS for a few reasons.
1. being that it has everything in 1 unit
2. Backup camera option.

the camera option is cool for me because I don't have a bling stereo

The only real downfall I see on the TS is the EGT sensor stuff
the PLX SM-EGT is a added 100 bucks and another box

I would ideally like something that was all in 1 with backup camera that had EGT and other sensor options at not a ridiculous price

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.