have to ask... again, powermax vs MTW stage1 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
have to ask... again, powermax vs MTW stage1

i know this has been gone over before.... but iv looked on google and alls i can find is the older "durastroke" cast wheel stage 1 vs the powermax. so what about the newer MTW stage1 w/ billet wheel vs powermax stage1? im torn between the two. the MTW stage 1 w/ '03 billet wheel is $1050 and the powermax stage 1 is $1200 so there isnt much difference. both measure the same (63.8mm IIRC) has anyone ran both? my buddy over at holderdown performance came and did some drag racing with me at the local drag strip. his truck is all stock besides studs, egr delete, powermax stage 1 and 190/30 injectors. he ran a 13.2 in a 6.0 excursion... not to shabby. my plans are very simular except i dont know to go with thte powermax or MTW stage1...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 04:36 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Powermax is brand new with no core charge and you can put a billet wheel on it with the money you make off of your factory charger jmo
Old 06-15-2013, 08:12 PM
Making ported intakes

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
powermax with a billet wheel
Old 06-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Stage one hands down.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:17 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedStroker05 View Post
i know this has been gone over before.... but iv looked on google and alls i can find is the older "durastroke" cast wheel stage 1 vs the powermax. so what about the newer MTW stage1 w/ billet wheel vs powermax stage1? im torn between the two. the MTW stage 1 w/ '03 billet wheel is $1050 and the powermax stage 1 is $1200 so there isnt much difference. both measure the same (63.8mm IIRC) has anyone ran both? my buddy over at holderdown performance came and did some drag racing with me at the local drag strip. his truck is all stock besides studs, egr delete, powermax stage 1 and 190/30 injectors. he ran a 13.2 in a 6.0 excursion... not to shabby. my plans are very simular except i dont know to go with thte powermax or MTW stage1...
Apparently his truck isn't close to stock...if you asked me. Anyways, his excursion might run well with the P-max and your truck may do better with the MTW. His excursion may even better with the MTW and yours be outrageously fast with the P-max.

No two trucks will perform the same, even with identical add-ons and in this case you're comparing an excursion to a truck (although you didn't really compare anything), you know what I'm getting at. You have to decide what do you think is the best bang for your buck and what are the goals of the truck? Weekend warrior, tow beast or are you looking for best drag strip numbers? There are a lot of variables when deciding on a turbo. Talk to folks that know turbos, explain what your goal is and see what they suggest.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Premium Member

Nice looking turbo. I was going to respond on this tread but it was getting to detailed so I started my own thread and put a lot of info on it, it may help you understand things about both the turbos you are asking about.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:57 AM
N.S.D.Q.

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Get the billet wheel in the Pmax. IF you can drop in a ported manifold first the Pmax will shine all day long.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:42 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
MTW stage 1 I believe would out perform the powermax with a billet wheel.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:25 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've run both with cast wheels and the Stage 1 has better performance and airflow. Now, I can't speak to how they compare with billet wheels, but I've been very happy with my Stage 1.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:33 AM
PROUD AMERICAN!!!

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I don't have any experience with the Powermax, but the MTW stage1 on the work truck has ben amazing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.