Compression Ignition Addict
Join Date: Nov 2011
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The Build depends on how far you want to go to fix it or improve it. Where are you located? Can you delete the egr? the engine check light can be programmed to not come on etc..
I would recommend:
- Gauges, ie - pyro (egt), boost, trans temp, fuel pressure etc.
- A scan gauge II to monitor other stuff ICP, FICM Volts, Oil and Water temp deltas etc etc. You have a full time load, so gauges would be first order.
- SCT tuner and get the custom tunes written for the truck vs a h&s tuner.
- Head studs.
- BPD Oil Cooler, the big Heavy duty Towing version of the cooler
- good 4" turbo back Exhaust
- CCV Mod
Starting Point see what you want and can afford.