Quadzilla help!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quadzilla help!!!

I recently bought a new truck. my old 7.3 was in the shop for a month, but she's home now. while it was broken I decided to get a newer truck and keep the old one for a work truck. I bought an 03 F-350 cc long box 6.0 6-spd. I had alot of poeple tell me not to get a 6.0 because of all the problems. the mechanic that worked on my 7.3 said he had one and it was a gutless p.o.s. I'm here to tell you my 6.0 RUNS!!!!! I am still impressed with this motor, but to the point. I was under the dash yesterday trying to figure out how to disconnect the door buzzer when I found a little green box, I turned it over and it said Quadzilla xzilliraider on it. I looked on their site and from what I can tell it's supposed to be adjustable. How do I do this? From what I can tell there is no other parts other than that little green box. Am i missing some of it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2008, 05:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well if your adding power then you really want gauges, and the best thing for that would be to get the Quadzilla Commander digital gauge. From the Commander you can select your power levels with the push of a button. We sell hundreds of these. There should be a small sticker on the box with a part number. Have that info before you call someone. Depending on which module you have, some you can use a knob switch to adjust the power levels also. I believe we have those in stock as well.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Banned

I wouldn't recommend a Commander to my worst enemy but it will work nice with the Xxilliraider box. My Commander has been back to Quadzilla and the temp connection is soldered and the ground is good but it still won't read a steady coolant temp. All of it's readings also very greatly from a scanner hooked into the OBD port.

In short I usually agree with you Pat but I hate the Commander and will likely replace it this summer with an Edge Insight or a DashDaq.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:44 AM
Premium Member

i have not had any problems with my commander
Old 03-24-2008, 10:27 AM

So far so good with my Commander but I have only had it since December.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroken04 View Post
i have not had any problems with my commander
I would say that the majority don't have problems, but I do and I have spoken to plenty of others that have the same issues. I guess it's hit or miss.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:46 AM

if there isn't a switch or anything it's probably an XZT module 65 hp 165 lbft. but there should be a sticker on module somewhere.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:56 AM
<--Pro Cooler Racer

Send a message via Skype™ to DKR
I also have had problems with the Quadzilla Commander. I know myself and Matt had steady problems with them. My problems started from day one with the first unit, and continued through the replacement and the couple of updates they offered.

I have always heard great things about them, and their customer service, but I have had nothing but problems from them and their "techs". After several phone calls (mostly me to them, only like one or two of them returning them) and then no contact on their behalf, I decided to break all ties with them and replace the Commander.

Now, from what I have heard, I have been an exception to the norm on this situation. I know more people than not, that have enjoyed and count on their Commanders, this is what I based my decision to get one. They just seemed not to want to work with me, and only returning one call, no returns to PMs from here, and one returned email I believe. And this was over several weeks, not just a couple calls within the same week.

Just my , but I thought I better voice my experiance. Take it for what's it worth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.