Dual intake? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Dual intake?

Thinking about fabbing a dual cold air intake for no other reason than I think it'll look cool and get me outta the house for a day or so. I don't foresee any performance problems with this but I will defer to those with more experience. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 03-19-2008, 07:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,257
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where do you plan to put the "other intake"? Seems like a lot of extra piping for no reason...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 03-19-2008, 07:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ventura County, CA
Posts: 20,359
Thanks: 23
Thanked 23 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i had thought about this too and have seen a few pics of them already done.. .youll just need a y pipe and some pipe to make it happen... you will also need to relocate the driverside battery to the other side.....

i dont think it servers any purpose other than raising your man points a few points because of the coolness factor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 03-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 4,062
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well I don't exactly count as more experience. But it'll take money lol. I must say though, dual zoodad's, etc would be sweet. Complimented with Dual exhaust, awesome.

If it were me, I think I would try and make a Y-pipe off the turbo and run one side to the stock location, and just have the other to the other side by the other battery. Maybe have the tube go between the engine pulleys and the fan?(it might stay cooler that way).

Just a few suggestions cause I don't have the means to do this myself or else I would lol

If you REALLY wanna get crazy, do dual snorkels out up the a-pillars! LOL, then have stacks, imagine that hahaha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 03-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got a couple ideas. I know that the better a diesel can breathe, the better it likes so I figured 'why not'. Besides, looks like it'll be a fun project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 03-19-2008, 07:20 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSevenThree View Post
Well I don't exactly count as more experience. But it'll take money lol. I must say though, dual zoodad's, etc would be sweet. Complimented with Dual exhaust, awesome.

If it were me, I think I would try and make a Y-pipe off the turbo and run one side to the stock location, and just have the other to the other side by the other battery. Maybe have the tube go between the engine pulleys and the fan?(it might stay cooler that way).

Just a few suggestions cause I don't have the means to do this myself or else I would lol

If you REALLY wanna get crazy, do dual snorkels out up the a-pillars! LOL, then have stacks, imagine that hahaha
Dual snorkels does sound wild but its more than my wife will allow me to do to MY truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 03-19-2008, 07:23 AM
Ole White

 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sebring,Fl
Posts: 5,255
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It would definately look pretty cool and different
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 03-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
i had thought about this too and have seen a few pics of them already done.. .youll just need a y pipe and some pipe to make it happen... you will also need to relocate the driverside battery to the other side.....

i dont think it servers any purpose other than raising your man points a few points because of the coolness factor
It's always about the man points. I haven't seen it done before but I can get pretty creative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 03-19-2008, 07:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Flint, MI
Posts: 4,062
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by reider1 View Post
Dual snorkels does sound wild but its more than my wife will allow me to do to MY truck.
Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Hasn't she ever heard of "stand by your man, even if he's wrong"...or wild? lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 03-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Member
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboSevenThree View Post
Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.
Hasn't she ever heard of "stand by your man, even if he's wrong"...or wild? lol
She's heard it. She just rolls her eyes and walks away. Besides, apparently, I'm always wrong. Seriously, if it weren't for her, I'd probably be living in that truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors