What to get next? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to get next?

Alright guys, well I graduated highschool a week ago and I've got a little spending money for the truck. What do yall think is the best bang for the buck?....Portedintake manifold, mtw hybrid or stage one, or water/meth injection? I want to lower my egts while towing for sure and possibly gain a little power. I pull 20-24k for my job. What do yall think? Thanks guys!

-Barron
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2013, 10:58 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
In my opinion, I'd do a ported intake manifold AND a billet wheel for your stock turbo. Pulling that kind of weight, you're not going to want to sacrifice anything on spool up and while the Stage 1 and Hybrid turbos spool just like stock, I think balancing out the airflow to all of the cylinders is going to be better for your motor than cramming more air down a tortuous flow path. From the results that I have seen from a ported intake manifold and our billet wheel for the stock turbo (separately. I can only imagine being together), I think you'll be able to get what you are after. Just my opinion of course. Hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:48 AM

In order is do a ported intake, turbo upgrade (a billet wheel for stock turbo it a stage 1) and last a water meth kit. Ported intake will distribute air more evenly, lower egts and add a little HP.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:06 PM

Ok well sounds like I'll go with that route then. Nate, which manifold do you recommend going with? And does your billet wheel require any modifications to fit the stock turbo?
Old 06-08-2013, 12:31 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Strokin View Post
Ok well sounds like I'll go with that route then. Nate, which manifold do you recommend going with? And does your billet wheel require any modifications to fit the stock turbo?
No sir, the wheel drops right in and goes. As far as a manifold goes, there are A LOT of good options out there. If you've done any research at all you'll know that the Apex and Elite Diesel manifolds are VERY good options. I do offer three different options depending on your budget (PM me for pricing on mine). You really can't go wrong with any of those mentioned. However, from what I have heard of recently, I would STEER clear of GoGo and I don't really like the Diesel Dr manifold (unless you get the EGR delete option) because I don't think that it is that good of an improvement over the stock manifold. It does even out the flow to the cylinders I think a lot better but there aren't any improvements to the runner ports to get more flow to the motor.
In my opinion, deleting the EGR system is the ONLY way to go (unless you have emissions testing where you live) and removes a lot of turbulence in the mouth/throat area. Hope this helps.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:49 PM

Ok good deal! And I've done a little research on them, like you said apex and elite do seem to get good reviews! As for gogo I've read some of what has happened and I don't want that to happen to me. Lol. As for emissions testing, we don't have that where I live. Thats one good thing about small rural towns in Texas! I will get to you about pricing on yours and yes it has helped a lot, thanks again!

-Barron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.