build a fuel system or buy - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
build a fuel system or buy

I got injectors on the way and i want to build a fuel system, but price is starting to get up there. I have a aeromotive A1000 fuel pump and one inline filter from my mustang stuff. What I would like to do is sump the tank feed line to the pump then to a Y feed the back of the fuel rails come out the front of the heads into another Y then a regulator and return to tank. Is their a better way to save a few fittings also if y'all like this setup what can I use to screw into the heads other than banjo fittings I have a 4 inch down pipe so clearence is a issue. I use the search all the time but just asking will save a lot of time.
thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2013, 08:25 PM

Eliminate the Y on the return side just use a regulator with dual inputs. Something like the Fast 307040.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I think it's better to return off the back of the heads thru low profile banjos and smaller lines because you don't need as large lines as your supply. Lot more room up front to play with large supply lines.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Old 06-04-2013, 08:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thats a good idea but what about regulator location, that would be a lot of lines to route to get regulator were you can adjust it. On gas stuff a large return helps fuel cool down does diesel have any problem with fuel getting to hot? I know early stuff had fuel heaters but just wondering.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Premium Member

Most guys attach it to the alternator mount then straight over to tie into the OEM return line. Keep in mind that the fuel is going thru hot heads so the more that returns to the tank the hotter the tank will be and diesel has a high affinity for air as it is so you don't want to add to the problem by heating it up. The OEM fuel pump has a fuel heater in it. I don't have my OEM pump nor filters and for winter fuel heat I run my return thru the outer part of a custom double walled setup I made because one time I mistakenly was given summer diesel in -35C weather....... not a fun time.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:52 PM

If you could provide a little more info we could better answer the question. Especially current mods and planned mods. Horsepower goals, injector size, turbo, etc... Also what are the specs on the filter and pump you already have.

Edit: Reread and Just saw the A1000 listed, what is the specs on the filter.

Scott

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Last edited by sfu7274456; 06-05-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdblow View Post
Thats a good idea but what about regulator location, that would be a lot of lines to route to get regulator were you can adjust it. On gas stuff a large return helps fuel cool down does diesel have any problem with fuel getting to hot? I know early stuff had fuel heaters but just wondering.
I think the considerable amount more of fuel that are hauled in a diesel would aid in dissipating the heat and adding a larger return won't hurt but may not be necessary.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-05-2013, 04:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

My truck has a Swamps FICM, 5 inch Diamond eye straight pipe, it is studded. Also a Gillette regulator spring,tuner is SCT with custome tunes. I have a set of 175-30 warren injectors coming and i plan on doing something with the turbo like a MTW hybrid. I may put nitrous on it later.
Who is good at tuning a truck with said mods I have already run innovative and vivan?
Where can I get low profile banjo fittings?
Old 06-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Premium Member

Lots of places.
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...archTerm=Banjo

Old 06-05-2013, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I fabbed a bracket to mount my FPR in the corner by the brake Master cylinder and return from there via a -6, 3/8 hose to the old fuel feed hard line on the tank. You don't want the pump to have to work returning the fuel through too small a line. Easier to regulate the pressure and your fuel pump will thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.