livewire ts not working after updating - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
livewire ts not working after updating

I tried to update my ts and its not working. I downloaded the update software from the sct web site. I returned my truck to stock first. I clicked on the option to get stock file from device and saved it. I then hit the automatically check for updates option and it said it was out of date so I hit the button to update it and it finished and said it was up to date. So I went to put my tune back on and it said it was out of date and wouldnt allow me to load the tune. So I tried to hit the update firmware option and it said to check make sure that I returned my truck to stock which I did. It then said to click the browse button and find the BIN firmware. What is the BIN firmware. This is my first time trying to update it and its not working at all. Its not monitoring or tuning. Can someone help me out? Im doing something wrong. I just dont know what it is. Has anybody else had this problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2013, 04:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Happened to me yesterday as well... After some research it seems most people are getting their problems fixed by calling SCT and they either give you an update, or remote-in to your tuner to fix. What's really annoying is this update is still on their site causing problems, and I saw references to it back over the last 4 months. SCT needs to get their act together on the TS. Awesome device, but I'm not liking the availability of info on their site or problems such as this.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:30 AM

This is a glitch with some of the TS not updating correctly.
I bet your device probably shows this:

(open Device info)

Device Info v1.3 (anything older than 1.5 will cause this issue)
VB Version 1.2 (older or none existent)

Call SCT and they have to update these two items. Once they get updated the issue goes away and from then on is updated correctly when you check for updates.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Great... Thanks much. Do you happen to know how they fix the problem? Is it a file, or something I have to sit on the phone with them for an hour. Truck goes on the road next weekend for a 1 month 3k mile trip...and the stock tune is killin me right now!
Old 06-10-2013, 05:42 AM

I have had my livewire for six months now and I know there is a firmware update but I am not going to download it. I have heard stories of people having problems after the firmware updates and mine is working fine just the way it is. So I figured to leave well enough alone and keep the old firmware.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishintheobx View Post
Great... Thanks much. Do you happen to know how they fix the problem? Is it a file, or something I have to sit on the phone with them for an hour. Truck goes on the road next weekend for a 1 month 3k mile trip...and the stock tune is killin me right now!
LOL I run the street tune from IDP, about a month ago I switched back to stock just for the heck of it. I couldn't take it but for a day, no power what so ever. Needless to say the street tune went back in asap. I think everyone needs to return to stock once and a while then they will have a much greater appreciation for their tuner.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishintheobx View Post
They'll need to remotely access your computer and update them manually. Entire process should be about 15 minutes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.