Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Fummins boy talked some trashy trash at the light today he he he

4K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  04cr450 
#1 · (Edited)
Good story today fellas... The wife and I were heading to family get together today(which was nice I never see the fam that much)anyways... The wife looks at me and says ooooohhh no here we go.... I say what? I look to my left and theres this OBS f350 rolling coal all the down the street behind me mean rolling coal I could not see the cars on the road.... My wife "my conservative boss" immediately says don't even freaking think about it!... He pulls up next to me and 2 guys were in the truck, OBS with a cummins in it- not sure what the hell was in it but I do know it had a big cam in it(the thing was choppy as all get out)... The passenger instantly told me how much of a POS my truck was and how all us 6.0 owners care about was our whistle we make! hahahaha screw the racing I wanted to drag that boy out and slap him silly!... Make the long story short we took off and well...... he got off the road we were on about 1/2 mile up the road we raced on and to be honest I didn't see the reaction off the boys faces due to our windows being so dark but im sure they were embarrassed after all the chit talking... Once again I love my truck- and the wife was giggling all the way down the road:rofl: In my opinion though im a modest guy and there are a couple fummins guys that have some mid 11 sec 1/4 mile trucks around here I hear.. glad it wasn't him. By the way.. Im curious as a cat to know what my truck would run in the 1/4.. I don't want to run it until I get studs this summer but just curious.. The thing gets to 100mph like nothing. any opinions? Again just wondering as im impressed with how well it runs and takes off with the basic mods I have done.

I wanted to add the truck I raced was very quick... the thing was a terd off the line but as I was looking at my rearview the truck was making up ground on the "top end".. He was catching me to be blunt lol We raced at least a 1/4 mile. Glad there was a light coming up as he might have caught up to me and beat me possibly

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks man. I would be thrilled with high 12's.. Hard to relate my truck with a mustang(my mustang ran a consistant 12.3 in the 1/4) 2 totally different seat of the pants feeling with the vehicles. My day is done, tried to go see Mitch this evening but he was to tired to entertain. I don't blame him

#5 ·
Dear the Lord I hope so bud.

#7 ·
I sure will- going to see him tomorrow hopefully

#9 ·
Sounds like one of the boys I used to work with. Owns a dodge neon but is a "straight up cummings only kind of guy". He used to talk chit until I seen him fueling up a company truck at the station down the street from the yard. LOL I pulled in and said hey then when I left I did so in a sideways fashion leaving the station. LOL the next day he didn't say a word. :hehe:

#10 ·
good one^ one problem that ive been thinking about. Where im at we have some fast cummin trucks and of course the fummins trucks I mentioned.. Im being real modest on my kill story because until I get my truck running like bryans, odawg's or even mitch's truck, I don't think im going to challenge another truck(dodge or fummins) until I know what that truck can do .... lol anyways.....

#12 ·
yes. sorry should have explained it

#14 ·
lol theres them too around here... But they are all normally just tuned with exhaust.

#16 ·
I hear ya! But to be honest i NEVER race i drive like a granny so my truck probably thanked me for getting on it today lol But you can bet that guy i raced today will be looking for me............

#18 ·
He probably took off in overdrive so you wouldn't feel bad. :laugh:

By the sounds of the story, probably a shimmed 12v with too big a charger. Turd of the line, then here he comes sounds just like one of those.

Good job though, a kill is a kill.

#19 ·
That's exactly what it sounded like ^ heck I forgot about you kdogg i should've just went straight to the man and asked you about it heh heh

#20 ·
Owners of all 3 and us bastard children owners all talk crap at some point. Part of the fun, I like them all myself.

The dmax can be the real sleeper if a pbk is under the hood. That is a scary thing to see.

#21 ·
Im with ya. I like all 3 as well. they all have there strengths. I know I know.. Those duramax's are tough to beat with correct tuning, real hard...

#22 ·
They are no worse than a standard 6.4. Rods and a tranny, they are scary. But those are for the big money guys and are rare. Just like the compound trucks r the big MTW charged trucks.

Anywho, once you get yours right, you'll probably be one of the baddest on the road in your area. I was amazed how well my truck done in my area with just a tune. Plenty of 6.0's around and very few with sct's, let alone anything more.

#24 ·
^hey bud u still in dc?

#26 ·
Yep for another year. Marcus (big grey 7.3l at show) and I made res at holiday in Express in bloomsburg July 13 , attending 4wheeljamboree in Bloomsburg. Bringing families - you and Fam should join Gregg. We just watchin not entering.

#27 ·
sounds like a great idea! ^ thanks for the invite, ill ask the ole lady tonight and if shes up to it count us in! ill keep ya posted

#28 ·
It's the holiday inn at intersection of 42&44 was $145 a night. I plan on drivin up sat morning to be there by 1pm latest. There's monster trucks, mud drags, tough truck competition and massive vendors & and truck show n shine. Fireworks that night, we just stayin sat night and probably driving Honda up to save money - undecided.

#29 ·
Ok, sounds great... I actually attended this event back in 2000.. Its a blast and a crazy time hahaha

#30 ·
Might take my truck up, its a haul so we will see how it goes at that time. Might take the infiniti to save gas as well lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.