Which FICM tuner? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 05:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Which FICM tuner?

I'm interested in getting a FICM tuner for my truck and don't know what one to use.

I have just a factory FICM which is still running great so have no plans to upgrade. I'm running tunes from Matt, Eric, and Vivian. I have the CTS for monitoring capabilities.

Since I have the CTS already I don't want to purchase the gryphon programmer Bill sells for the FICM because that seems like a waste if I already have a monitor. I know I can request the programmer and then send it back I think. Does Eric's programmer come with different files like Bills?

For you guys with FICM tuners, which one did you guys like best and seem to provide the best performance? Thanks for everyone's input and help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Check out this thread, there is a lot of really good info.

IDP FICM PROGRAMMER ?'s
Old 05-27-2013, 06:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu! View Post
Check out this thread, there is a lot of really good info.

IDP FICM PROGRAMMER ?'s

I appreciate it. I did see this thread and it has some good info. I see that you are running the CTS and also have PHP's FICM programmer. Are you using the gryphon programmer? Does it look like the edge insight and how does it work?
Old 05-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Premium Member

The PHP programmer is the looks like the edge attitude programmer, I use it just like the SCT, plug it in to program then go back to the CTS for monitoring. I did notice a difference in throttle response and spool, I usually run atlas 80 or Hercules because I'm on stock sticks right now, they are pretty hot and egts can climb really fast. Overall I'm very happy with the PHP ficm tunes, but have never run IDP ficm tunes so I can't compare the two.

Last edited by snafu!; 05-27-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Last I knew IDPs tuner only has 1 tune on it and PHP has 4 on it. The price range isn't much apart and you get more with PHP and you can change the tunes when you want. With PHP you can buy another license for like $150 and can tune another 6.0. I ran PHP on my 03 and loved it.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by legionxxii View Post
Last I knew IDPs tuner only has 1 tune on it and PHP has 4 on it. The price range isn't much apart and you get more with PHP and you can change the tunes when you want. With PHP you can buy another license for like $150 and can tune another 6.0. I ran PHP on my 03 and loved it.
Thanks guys for the input. Think I'm going to go with the PHP one. I'm also looking into getting a replacement wheel for my powermax from MTW and between the two change things up some.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:07 AM

Php has the remote tuners on the shelf right now - ie no wait. So you can order the $150 option and have it in few days. At times there was over a months wait. Php and fcimrepair dot com have a lot of good reading on their websites.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
IMHO I like both. Having said that the IDP FICM programmer comes with 2 files on it, Inductive heating tune and a performance tune. I am currently running the performance tune. I have bigger injectors so with any of the tunes over a Atlas 40 on PHP's would just cause excessive EGT's for my truck. IMO as I said having run both IDP's performance tune is probably around the same power output as the Atlas 40. I have noticed faster spool up, WAY less lugging when the converter is locked and climbing a hill, lower EGT's and faster startups. IDP has other tunes to go along with their programmers for larger injectors that I haven't tried as of now. In either case it's hard to say if you would be making a bad choice by going with one over the other. They are both great and do what they advertise.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:49 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not to hijack, but I was looking to send my Ficm to PHP and was wondering has anyone got the Atlas40 and wish you had gotten the 80 and vice versa? With me sending mine off I just want to be satisfied.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanzfx4 View Post
Not to hijack, but I was looking to send my Ficm to PHP and was wondering has anyone got the Atlas40 and wish you had gotten the 80 and vice versa? With me sending mine off I just want to be satisfied.
You order php remote tuner it comes with all 4 tunes you can try and decide which one you want. They let you keep it for 7 days before they charge you late fee. So you can test them all then choose and send tuner back for $150, or pay $400 and you get all 4 on the tuner to keep and change at leisure. Php has Dyno charts on there website for with no ECM tune AND with ECM tune so you can see results. If you tow over 8k trailer they don't recommend over Atlas 40. Of you don't tow then go with the 80!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.