hype-tech programer questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2013, 02:52 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Smile hype-tech programer questions

i recently came accross a hypertech programer for a 2006 6.0L PSD, i am a diesel tech, love my job but i was wondering if this programer is able to work on 2005-2007 or 2006 only, i was understanding that very few changes were made after the 2005 build's.
So can anyone answer for me if this 2006 programer will work on with a 2005 platforum?

Thanks! can email me mebob2001@gmail.com or respond to this forum ill try and remember to check, finishing my last exam this friday before fully licenced in the automotive trade, thanks again!!
Kevin Rogers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 03:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

SCT is the only way to go for the 6.0s. And that's only after you've gotten yourself a monitor first.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:36 AM

S
C
T

O
n
l
y
Old 05-27-2013, 06:29 AM

What they said
Old 05-27-2013, 08:52 PM
Making ported intakes

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mebob2001 View Post
i recently came accross a hypertech programer for a 2006 6.0L PSD, i am a diesel tech, love my job but i was wondering if this programer is able to work on 2005-2007 or 2006 only, i was understanding that very few changes were made after the 2005 build's.
So can anyone answer for me if this 2006 programer will work on with a 2005 platforum?

Thanks! can email me mebob2001@gmail.com or respond to this forum ill try and remember to check, finishing my last exam this friday before fully licenced in the automotive trade, thanks again!!
Kevin Rogers
Sct
But if you want to run the hyper tech I'd call their support line and confirm. I do believe the hyper tech controls the trans I may be mistaken though
Old 05-28-2013, 03:22 AM

ok thanks guys, and well this programmer is for my uncle I maintaine his 6.0 trucks and well he wouldn't listen to me about the EGR cooler, oil cooler, ect... until his headgaskets went on one truck, I replaced everything it runs amazing.
so now i'm changing the oil cooler and EGR coolers on everything I wanna weld/plug all the egr coolers and shut them off, I had a fellow student offer me a hypertech programmer for a 2006-2008 6.0/6.4 programmer for 20 bucks, I was looking at an SCT tuner and well 20 bucks its worth a try to see how things turn out, trust me I wanna go with SCT but I mentioned this to him and he wants to try this he blows another set of head gaskets well his money! he's bin warned!
but his trucks were all bought in 2005 which is where my issue comes up, so ill contact hypertech and see what they say and basicly go from there.
theres also a gauge cluster going in, along with a monitoring system of some sort, I don't trust this programmer because it isn't SCT and now that I see how strongly everyone stands behind SCT ill really be keeping a close eye on this Suma*****!

Thanks everyone I would love to buy you a coffee for your responces!

P.S any spelling mistakes sorry i'm a mechanic not an English major xD
Old 05-28-2013, 03:27 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Is it the max energy?

If so yes it works on 05-07s
Old 05-28-2013, 07:41 AM

yes its a hypertech max energy power programmer it says on the back 2006-2008 6.0l/6.4 part # 42005 , I though it would work due to the few changes from 2005-2008, thanks again! will try it this weekend to see what happens
Old 05-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The issue will be the CEL, the 2006 will set the CEL to come on for lack of EGR flow (depending on the strategy). This is where a SCT comes in, you can turn off the CEL for EGR delete/weld.

The Hyper-Tech won't allow the end user to turn off and keep off the CEL or EGR delete/weld, so he will constantly have the CEL.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-28-2013, 03:03 PM

do you mean it will turn off the EGR but it will not change the self diagnoises in the PCM for the EGR flow? but as stated this is for a 2005 not a 2006 the programer for for a 2006-2008 i just dont wanna screw anything up is where im coming from with all the insurance questions, i know he doesnt give a **** about the CEL, can just check for codes for every few week

Last edited by mebob2001; 05-28-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.