BPD Oil Cooler install questions.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2013, 05:29 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BPD Oil Cooler install questions..

Hello all,
I have been seeing some increasing deltas and have decided to change over to the BPD oil cooler. In order to be as efficient as possible, I would like to change whatever parts I can while I am in there in order to prevent future teardowns for something I could have just changed while I was in there the first time.
I have an 05 Excursion.
What parts (with part numbers if possible) could I change while I am in there ?
I already have the blue spring sitting in the box, along with the BPD water pump.
OK fire away !

Thanks in advance.

Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 05:36 AM

I had this very question when doing mine and never did get a great answer. My suggestion would be to call BPD themselves and tell them what you got goin on. These guys know the stuff and are very cool to talk with. I had 0 idea of what I was getting myself into and they walked me thru it.
But I would suggest that you look real hard at their water pump and radiator set up. Very nice and Im glad I spent the cash. After its all said and done the only regret I have is going with the upgraded EGR system and not just deleting the whole mess....oh yeah and man I wish I had got the bypass filter set up as well.
Good luck! PM me if you got any questions!!
Old 05-22-2013, 05:47 AM

I have the bypass filter with mine and I also have the water pump.
I want to talk to Tuscany (Bryan) regarding the fitting used on the BPD bypass in order to use the amsoil filter. Hopefully I will get a good list going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
I had this very question when doing mine and never did get a great answer. My suggestion would be to call BPD themselves and tell them what you got goin on. These guys know the stuff and are very cool to talk with. I had 0 idea of what I was getting myself into and they walked me thru it.
But I would suggest that you look real hard at their water pump and radiator set up. Very nice and Im glad I spent the cash. After its all said and done the only regret I have is going with the upgraded EGR system and not just deleting the whole mess....oh yeah and man I wish I had got the bypass filter set up as well.
Good luck! PM me if you got any questions!!
Old 05-22-2013, 02:44 PM

anyone ? There is only one guy on this board with the setup i am talking about ?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Joe what is it that you needed to know about the bypass filter adapter?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:24 PM

Wanted to know if you are selling them, in order to use the amsoil filter. Also, what other parts can i replace while i am in theredoing the cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
Joe what is it that you needed to know about the bypass filter adapter?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
BPD sells them as a stand alone piece, as a add on option and they have an option to buy their bypass filter kit complete with it and the filter.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:26 PM
information regurgitator

Pretty much the same parts for anyone doing an oil cooler, no matter which way they decide is best for them....
For the turbo.. all 3 parts on THIS page. The turbo oil lines have been updated and you will be glad you have the new mounting hardware.

Are you cleaning thew turbo? If so...one of THESE will make it easier. You don't need this to clean it, just that it makes it easier to do so.

While the intake gaskets are re-useable, for a touch over 20 bucks, why not replace them? The are sold individually HERE.

Would also be a good time to consider getting rid of that POS plastic CAC pipe. I don't have a link handy for that one.

You will love that system and all it brings
Old 05-22-2013, 04:20 PM

Thanks ! Thats a great start .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC F-350 View Post
Pretty much the same parts for anyone doing an oil cooler, no matter which way they decide is best for them....
For the turbo.. all 3 parts on THIS page. The turbo oil lines have been updated and you will be glad you have the new mounting hardware.

Are you cleaning thew turbo? If so...one of THESE will make it easier. You don't need this to clean it, just that it makes it easier to do so.

While the intake gaskets are re-useable, for a touch over 20 bucks, why not replace them? The are sold individually HERE.

Would also be a good time to consider getting rid of that POS plastic CAC pipe. I don't have a link handy for that one.

You will love that system and all it brings
Old 05-22-2013, 09:08 PM

I just noticed that BPD now makes an oil kit that uses the factory oil filter. I never cared about the way they didn't use the factory filter but it still had to be there. Anyone use the new kit for factory filter? Seems you should still be able to use a bypass oil filter with the kit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.