6.0 performance questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
lifetime member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation 6.0 performance questions

my buddy has an 04 6.0, mine is january of 03, 6.0. mine has never had the dealer reflash . i am running an original edge box with 3 position switch. his truck has an edge with monitor with new updates as of three weeks ago. his runs nothing like mine. we are wondering if a dealer reflash detuned his. can we get an 03 factory tune,and can innovative download my factory tune and duplicate it , restore to my truck, and build an sct for him with my tune as one of the tunes and run a hot tranny fix for an upgraded transmission, and him keep his edge for shift on the fly? we have been told that that you can not go back to a before dealer reflash. is this a way around it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsrchofpwr View Post
can we get an 03 factory tune,and can innovative download my factory tune and duplicate it , restore to my truck, and build an sct for him with my tune as one of the tunes and run a hot tranny fix for an upgraded transmission, and him keep his edge for shift on the fly?
Maybe its just me but I can't really figure out what you are trying to ask.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:51 AM

Oh I see, you want a tranny tune only file so you can run the edge still. That is possible but once you get a good custom tune on the SCT you will never want to use the edge again.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:57 AM

sell the edge and get an SCT it make up for the shift on the fly I know b/c I used to have an edge on my truck and now have an SCT
Old 03-07-2008, 11:37 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsrchofpwr View Post
we are wondering if a dealer reflash detuned his. can we get an 03 factory tune,and can innovative download my factory tune and duplicate it , restore to my truck, and build an sct for him with my tune as one of the tunes and run a hot tranny fix for an upgraded transmission, and him keep his edge for shift on the fly? we have been told that that you can not go back to a before dealer reflash. is this a way around it?
No that's not a way around it. that would be the biggest hassle. is it really worth the hassle to "shift on the fly"? You're right though, you can't go back in flashes. Although, the newest one is supposed to be real good. If he has an "upgraded" transmission and he wants to keep it, he's gonna wanna lose the edge anyways and tune it up right with eric's tunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestroker View Post
sell the edge and get an SCT it make up for the shift on the fly I know b/c I used to have an edge on my truck and now have an SCT
times two.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Ole White

SCT ALL THE WAY! ! !
Old 03-07-2008, 03:18 PM
lifetime member

alright guys, i am ALL FOR THE SCT!! one day i will change mine to sct. my friends problem is that while he is at work his mom tows a tractor sometimes and he wants the shift on the fly for her.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:25 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
adding more power, via edge, while towing=not healthy. email her this thread.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:35 PM
lifetime member

no guys, this thread is so complicated that i need to call everyone on the phone.LOL. when she tows she will just turn it all the way down. these people really neeeeed shift on the fly capabilities, but the tranny needs help. we want to know if we can get an sct with a stock tune an some hot tunes with a good tranny tune. when his mom is going to drive, the edge would be turned down and running sct tranny tune only. if he wants to haul @##^^&&%$$^ then he takes off the edge and plays with the sct until his mom needs the truck.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:42 PM

Tell his mom to get her own truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.