6.0 run away - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 run away

ok as it states ive been experiencing some some odd issues.... my 05 has a SCT tuner with IDP tow tune and agg, street tune, in tow tune it runs great but in agg, street say on a free rev you rev it up to about 2800 rpms and the sucker screams to a little over 4000RPMS without being in the pedal same as for driving awesome low end power nice and smooth then all of a sudden the trucks takes off like a bat out of hell and will rev way past 4k as in the truck keeps accelerating extremly fast up to 90MPH with maybe 10% throttle pretty scary but on the tow tune its like driving a normal truck just perfect. well i have my custom tunes set for the powermax turbo that im getting at the end of the week but i dont think that could make it do that unless i had sticking turbo vanes maybe over speeding the engine but i dont see over 28psi??? any help would be greatly appreciated. i sent an email to IDP waiting to hear back from them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Premium Member

Never heard that happening before!! Curious as well.

Tom
Old 05-21-2013, 06:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah it scared me lol i was like wtf was that for hahaha but on the custom tow tune its fine but agg. street i cant even drive it, its that bad! starts just fine idles fine takes off fine but soon as you hit the 2600 or so RPM it takes off like a rocket and over revs hardcore and free revs just wants to go right to the rev limiter
Old 05-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Had one do this same thing. It was after we installed a set od Dynomite Diesel stock injectors. Dynomite wont warranty them unless the oil and fuel cleaner they give you with the injectors is used. I followed the directions and put the oil cleaner in the oil and road tested. Exact same situation. Truck would take off and had to hold the brake pedal with both feet at one point. I noticed while this would happen the ICP and IPR were all over the place. Its like the IPR could not do its job. Try monitoring the ICP and IPR and see what it is doing when the issue is occuring.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

just waiting for a reply from erik at innovative. my new turbo will be here friday and when i put it on ill retune it and do a free rev and see if it does it and if it does ima have to have the tune worked with. i hooked up my laptop with fords software from a buddy that works there and every single thing sensors pressures are all in the green so something in the tune that doesnt like me truck i guess which sucks cause it was so awesome but i knew something was wrong so i cant run that file for now till i figure out why its doing it. when i mean rocket i mean 35'' mud tires lit up at 45mph and billowing white smoke behind me lol
Old 05-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Does it seem like the trans is slipping maybe thus causing the rpms to spike? Truck wouldn't be accelerating normally though. My Xtreme Street definitely can be like a switch as far as the power sometimes. Not as dramatic as you are talking about but there is a sweet spot in the pedal where it just wants to get up and run!

Last edited by F250SixOH; 05-21-2013 at 06:14 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i have the edge insight CTS i can monitor the ICP what would i be looking for exactly
Old 05-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've wondered about these tunes tricking ICP into reading much less than it actually is. You're trying to reach a desired ICP at WOT the PCM is thinking it's much less than it actually is. When you close that IPR off the engine will rev up on it's own.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

i dont think its the trans casue the power goes kinda flat then like i hit nitrous and shes gone doing 80 MPH ++
Old 05-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yeah it doesn't rev up slow like a free rev you can hit the throttle and say it would go just past 2800rpm and it just speratically revs to 4000+ rpms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.