So, after googling and looking around at other forums, I finally found the right billet oil filter cap. Got it, and the fuel filter cap both on order (got the fuel filter cap so they'd match.. might add fuel pressure later). Going to add the EOT sender to the top of it once it arrives. For the ECT I still haven't found the plug /w 1/8" npt fitting I need on the engine block. I decided to try the sending uinit on the free port at my coolant filter. Drove around for a while comparing the reading on the glowshift gauge to the reading from my SCT tuner.. At first they were as close to one another as you could ask for, all the way up to about 180 deg f. After a few hard runs, the SCT was showing 190-192 on the coolant temp, and the glowshift gauge was still only showing 180-185 tops. I'm thinking this is due to the fact that the coolant filter is only a partial bypass, and therefor isn't getting the full flow and heat to give me a true reading. Before I move the sender to the block location, I'm going to try changing the coolant filter and see if I get a little better flow and a more accurate reading. I added it right after I got the truck, and had a new oil cooler installed about to 3 months ago.
Here's a few pics so far:
Other than wire strippers and crimpers, the only tools Ive needed are listed below.
EGT thermocouple install:
2 - 12mm wrenches
11/32 drill bit
1/8" npt tap
cordless drill (with low speed and variable clutch so you don't snap the tap!!)
ECT sending unit install:
14mm ratcheting wrench
17mm ratcheting wrench
The EGT was the more difficult of the two to install simply because I couldn't find my center punch ans drilling on a curved surface is a pita! Once I had it drilled there isn't enough room to get the "T" handle for the tap in there so I had to use the drill on low speed and very little clutch. Every 1/8- - 1/4 turn I'd have to back the drill out and increase the clutch a little. was scared I would break the tap off in the exhaust pipe
Other than that, it was quite easy to install. The thermocouple wire was long enough to make it all the was into the cab and splice into the gauge harness. I routed both the TC wire and sending unit wire though the factory loom / wire bundles to keep everything clean looking. At the ECT sender I used a little black tape (scotch 33) to make the wires look a little more... "stock".