Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

MTW stage 1 owners please enter

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dfish1247 
#1 ·
How many of you had your tunes tweaked after you installed the turbo? Did anyone run the before tune, have it tweaked, and notice any differances?

#4 ·
I didn't figure it would need much, if any but I wasn't sure. I'm currently running the SRL so I called Gearhead and they said there wasn't anything to do.

I had mine tweaked a couple months later just to see if there was any difference. All I could tell was there was a hint better spool up. If the tweaks are free, go for it, if not, save your money.
They are not free, so I appreciate the review.

I'm going to order Wildman's tune for the turbo to compare it to my SRL, but wanted to know if I should have the SRL tweaked first to get the fairest comparison.

#3 ·
I had mine tweaked a couple months later just to see if there was any difference. All I could tell was there was a hint better spool up. If the tweaks are free, go for it, if not, save your money.

#5 ·
I did because my Stage 1 initially had the cast wheel. After changing to the billet wheel, no changes were necessary and I've gone between a number of tunes (some not even written for the Stage 1), so I can attest to what Bryan (Tuscany) says above.

#6 ·
I also run Matt's tunes and have not had anything done after I installed the stage 1. Runs strong

#7 ·
Mine has the cast wheel as well, but it never surged. Just farted a lot when it was cold. Other than that, I couldn't complain. It does, on my my truck anyway, seem to make air until 3800 rpms with stock sticks, then falls off. The stocker and pmax gave out around 34-3500 rpms. I would guess the billet comp wheel can make air to 4000 rpms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.