NEW MTW TURBO:::what! again? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 12:51 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NEW MTW TURBO:::what! again?

Latest update I have for you guys is a new turbo I have been developing and now have all the parts for. I still need to do pricing but should be at about 1850.00 to 1900.00. Need to talk to web developer to get pricing and details.

What is it? it will be a brand new turbo no used parts in it. No core charge.
:ETAILS:: it will be called a MTW powermax, I will start with a powermax and mod it out to MTW specs. The compressor will be a 64.7mm/88mm extended tips to 92mm, 11 blade single plane wheel. Same as the hybrid for now, it will have the compressor housing modded to my specs, the turbine wheel will be a gt37 13 blade turbine brand new in place of the 10 blade original. The turbine housing will also be modded to my specs.

Now here where I start the arguments, it will out flow, out spool, and better throttle response of the regular powermax. How can I make these statements without flow numbers and such, well I know about flow and here's the deal, a bigger compressor will out flow a smaller one so the 64.7/88 will out flow a 63.5/88, the wheel has more surface area and is lighter so more flow, faster spool. The turbine wheel is 13 blade vs 10 blade faster spool, better throttle response.

The new turbo is for people that want a brand new turbo, with no core charge, and better than the original powermax. I do have enough parts right now for 3 turbos, and will be getting more later. Thanks, Adrian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 01:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Sounds like something my Hybrid might need to get traded in on!
Old 05-15-2013, 01:38 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Nice. In for results.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:33 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Damn!! Another choice!! You make it hard to choose my next turbo!!LOL!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Premium Member

^^^^ what he said!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:04 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Stroke View Post
Sounds like something my Hybrid might need to get traded in on!
I don't see why you would trade your hybrid in on it...unless your hybrid is the very first original version.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:08 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpowerstroke View Post
Latest update I have for you guys is a new turbo I have been developing and now have all the parts for. I still need to do pricing but should be at about 1850.00 to 1900.00. Need to talk to web developer to get pricing and details.

What is it? it will be a brand new turbo no used parts in it. No core charge.
:ETAILS:: it will be called a MTW powermax, I will start with a powermax and mod it out to MTW specs. The compressor will be a 64.7mm/88mm extended tips to 92mm, 11 blade single plane wheel. Same as the hybrid for now, it will have the compressor housing modded to my specs, the turbine wheel will be a gt37 13 blade turbine brand new in place of the 10 blade original. The turbine housing will also be modded to my specs.

Now here where I start the arguments, it will out flow, out spool, and better throttle response of the regular powermax. How can I make these statements without flow numbers and such, well I know about flow and here's the deal, a bigger compressor will out flow a smaller one so the 64.7/88 will out flow a 63.5/88, the wheel has more surface area and is lighter so more flow, faster spool. The turbine wheel is 13 blade vs 10 blade faster spool, better throttle response.

The new turbo is for people that want a brand new turbo, with no core charge, and better than the original powermax. I do have enough parts right now for 3 turbos, and will be getting more later. Thanks, Adrian
Adrian....how will this new turbo differ from the current hybrid with the new billet wheel? Is the only difference between the two is that this new one starting from a new turbo? Other than that....are the spec of the hybrid and this turbo gonna be the same?
Old 05-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nice job Adrian !!!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
Adrian....how will this new turbo differ from the current hybrid with the new billet wheel? Is the only difference between the two is that this new one starting from a new turbo? Other than that....are the spec of the hybrid and this turbo gonna be the same?
I still haven't seen results for the new billet wheels in the Hybrids. I'm curious to know the answers to these questions as well.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Premium Member

For the guys who already own a pmax what would be the price to upgrade?

I've been waiting for something like this to come along...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.