Sniper Tuning - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sniper Tuning

I have a 07 f250 6.0 and I'm interested in the Sniper tuning software Has anyone used this tuneing program software. If so how is it is it as good as the sct, ts programers/box thanks Dennis
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just ordered my SCT!!!!!!!!!!

Got my SCT today!

SCT tunes

Insert bad word here . . .

Heads? Bullett vs sct

All from just page 1. People run custom tunes for a reason Dennis. Welcome to the ORG.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:46 PM

Do not buy the Sniper system. When I was at DiscountPowerParts.com we ordered one in to play with. It sucked bad. I went to Disney last year in March, and they are not far from there. So I drove to Sniper, talked to Patrick the owner, dropped off our system to be updated when it was ready. They still have the junk! Dont waste your time or money. At DiscountPowerParts.com 99% of the tuners we sold for the 6.0L were custom tuned by Innovative Diesel. Its what I ran in my 05 F350 and loved. Get a custom tuned SCT and be done with it.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok sound like sct is the way to go I did a search and everybody seems to love the sct programer so thanks
Old 05-16-2008, 09:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Do not buy the Sniper system. When I was at DiscountPowerParts.com we ordered one in to play with. It sucked bad. I went to Disney last year in March, and they are not far from there. So I drove to Sniper, talked to Patrick the owner, dropped off our system to be updated when it was ready. They still have the junk! Dont waste your time or money. At DiscountPowerParts.com 99% of the tuners we sold for the 6.0L were custom tuned by Innovative Diesel. Its what I ran in my 05 F350 and loved. Get a custom tuned SCT and be done with it.
I just saw this post and I have to raise the BS flag on ya man , ive tuned 2 trucks with Sniper and they both run VERY well with lower EGTs than any tuner ive ever seen on the market , so can you enlighten me on what was so bad about the Sniper tuner ? I can assure you , its far from junk , what I call junk is SCT Livewire that is 600 dollars and still people are having problems with them working right .....you sound like a used car salesman , quick to call something junk but no reasoning to back it up ....
Old 05-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

First of all I didnt say it was junk I was asking if it was I was just repeating what I read but thanks for the input
Old 05-17-2008, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002BLGT View Post
I just saw this post and I have to raise the BS flag on ya man , ive tuned 2 trucks with Sniper and they both run VERY well with lower EGTs than any tuner ive ever seen on the market , so can you enlighten me on what was so bad about the Sniper tuner ? I can assure you , its far from junk , what I call junk is SCT Livewire that is 600 dollars and still people are having problems with them working right .....you sound like a used car salesman , quick to call something junk but no reasoning to back it up ....
you tuned 2 trucks now your an expert? how many times have you tuned a truck with a SCT with custom tunes from someone who knows what they're doing? how many tunes from different tuners have you run? you must know a TON since all your post are resurrecting old threads about sniper tuners and telling people how great they are, wait a minute are you the owner trying to get some free advertisement or are you just some used car sales man trying to make a q buck?
Old 05-17-2008, 06:17 AM

Send a message via MSN to justafarmtruck
sniper u dont have to get custom tunes to make work..... so does that mean that sct is the best because u always have to get a new tune to make them work??????? just thought i would ask because there the "Best" u say
Old 05-17-2008, 08:56 AM
The Lady Mod

Send a message via Yahoo to Granny
The only time you would need a "new" tune is if you did some major modifications to your truck or if you wanted a different tune than the ones that you got when you first bought your unit, such as a new "race" or "tow" file. Usually the custom tunes you get when you buy your tuner will make you smile for a long time unti you decided to start adding more mods. Now if you want to try different tunes from different tuners then yes you generally have to buy and as lots of us do we all run tunes from the different tuners. I personally have run tunes from many of the tuners out there, however, I have never run the Sniper and do NOT plan on running it. When it comes to the 6.0L there is only one tuner for me......SCT with custom tuning. It is just a superior product for your motor and your transmission. As far as you writing your own tunes with the Sniper, leave the tune writing to those who know what they are doing. As you can see by my sig I have a truck that has been around the block a time or 2, so I am not blowing smoke here.

2002BLGT........ I will have to agree, you "tune" 2 trucks and now you are an expert on the Sniper? Please explain. I understand that you like the Sniper and that is all well and good, but I know what the Sniper is and all about it. I just prefer the "real thing"!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

No im not an owner of Sniper , but I do know that the guys that started Sniper have more of a background in tuning than anyone employed by SCT so if you are saying that the guys at Sniper dont know what they are doing you are grossly wrong in that aspect of it. Patrick at Sniper has been tuning since before Hypertech , SCT , Superchips were existent . So Id say he knows what hes doing . He has designed the software to make changes designed on input you put in the software , so it basically asks you the same questions your custom tuner would and instead of you paying someone an extra fee to make the changes , it does it for you .

The software is far more advanced on the backside of the programming than anything SCT has to offer plain and simple . There are alot of guys here that wanna bash anything that isnt SCT and its retarded . I am just trying to shed some light on the matter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.