Airdog and ITP are in! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2008, 08:16 AM
one day at a time

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Airdog and ITP are in!

Got some new toys yesterday. Picked up and Airdog 150 and an ITP regulated return fuel system from Sasquatch diesel. I owe a big thanks to Corey (squatch6.0) for the install, he took good care of me So far I've noticed the motor seems just a bit more quiet, and feels smoother over all though its just my feeling, hard to put a finger on it. Now its time to get the "war chest" built back up for the next project... Its either going to be a new I/C or a set of injectors, not sure which yet. I did get a few pics of the install fun, haven't had a chance to upload them yet as it was too late last night to mess with, and I'm working today. I'll get them on here when I get a chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Right on, kurt. I'm plannign to do a regulated return and fuel system soon myself. do you keep the stock HFCM with the airdog?
Old 02-29-2008, 12:10 PM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryHeatDude03 View Post
Right on, kurt. I'm plannign to do a regulated return and fuel system soon myself. do you keep the stock HFCM with the airdog?
Yes, the stock HFCM on the frame rail stays in use... The airdog 95 & 150 are the same price, big difference is you have to drop your tank for the new pick up tube that the 150 requires. I don't think I really needed more than the 95, but figured for the same price I might as well, just a little extra work dropping the tank and installing the new pick up.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:33 PM
one day at a time

A few pics... I still need to get some shots of the finished product, when its all cleaned up.

Old 02-29-2008, 05:35 PM

looks cool man.... that your shop/lift?
Old 02-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Cool deal, Kurt. I was looking at both of those mods, but my daughter's Explorer needed a new tranny. Be sure to let us know how your truck runs now with these new mods.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:43 PM

Thanks for the pics, Kurt.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:07 PM
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strőkër~X View Post
looks cool man.... that your shop/lift?
Its Corey's shop (squatch6.0) and he's the one in the last pic turning the wrench.

The truck is definately "smoother" would be the best way to describe it. I haven't had the road conditions today to really get on it, snowed again last night... Its starts a bit quicker with less cranking. Its definately a bit more quiet at idle, and the throttle response might be better though its tough to gauge... Its not the cheapest upgrade ever, but its not unreasonable either. Even if I were to go no further with my mods, I'm still happy I did it. I truely believe the combination is good for the truck in the long run, especially good for the injectors. The fuel flow is now going all the way through the heads and out the back, the excess fuel returns to the regulator to be circulated again. No more dead heading fuel flow at the back of the heads...

Last edited by shu873; 02-29-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.