Best single place to buy the best fast and tow tune - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best single place to buy the best fast and tow tune

I have researched the forums for 6.0 tunes and I have yet to find one place to get 2 possibly 3 tunes from that everyone likes. Tow tune may be what makes my decision on where. It seems like there are lots with good performance tunes but you don't hear a lot of reviews on towing unless everyone is using the race/street tunes.

I have a 2003 f250 6.0 4x4, 285 tires, studed, egr delete, no cat or muffler, pull a 10K trailer occasionally on weekends little to no hills. Live in Michigan so I don't want cold start issues. This truck is not driven daily but when its used 50% for towing.

I want one a tune for daily driving with lots of power, but I still want to it to be drivable everyday. No cold start problems.

I want a tune for towing 10K that shifts good and has good power still I hold the peddle to the floor when towing, but rather want something that I can use to get up to 60-65 fast and be able to pass on two lane roads. I would like to hear what others think of a tune with a jake for towing. Does it just work with the tow/haul button on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I run matts srl and love it and have heard his tow tune is good also but have never tried it !!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:39 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonreinig View Post
I run matts srl and love it and have heard his tow tune is good also but have never tried it !!
i have the SRL tune from Matt at Gearhead, very nice power through the curve low smoke, low egt's and shifts spot on. As for his tow tune its great for studded trucks you can tow 13k with his performance tow and he also has a trans only tow tune which is unlimited weight. their customer service is great and very knowledgeable and fast service and will adjust tunes for anything that you dont like about it. you can get all 3 tunes for 100$ which is a steal here is the link for their webpage Gearhead Automotive Performance
Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There is no such thing as best tune, different trucks with different PCM strategies and mods will react slightly different, not to mention different personal driving habits.

I've got race and tow tunes from Gearhead, Innovative, Quicktricks and older tunes from DJ's (Vivian's). I like all my race and tow tunes, but each one has its own characteristics.

This is where custom tunes come in, you can get a tune, test it out and if there is something you don't like, have the tune writer adjust to your liking.

Some prefer early TC lock up, some prefer late TC lock up. Early fuel, late fuel. Higher or lower shift points. Higher or lower trans shift line pressure. VGT open or closed at idle. Light switch effect or progressive. Jake brake or none. Might be some I missed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 05-01-2013, 05:16 PM

I am running tunes from Matt @ Gearhead Automotive. I don't have any experience with other companies but I can say that I am pleased with the ones that I got from them. I've got a light tow and a heavy tow and both are nice. They have great customer service btw!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:43 PM

unobtainiumdiesel.com is THE only place to go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.