PPE READ THIS! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 07:46 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PPE READ THIS!

Long story short I bought an older version of a PPE from a fellow member here on this site. The tuner worked just fine when I got it however I felt it may need to be updated since it was "older." So I go to PPE's website to update this tuner. I followed THEIR directions to a T...Mine has the WHITE usb plug----PRETTY HARD TO MISTAKE THAT---Halfway through the update the stupid piece of crap lost everything. All the tuner will do now is light up and wont tune anything so its basically a $275 piece of toilet paper.

I call PPE today to try and see if theres ANYTHING I can do to fix it. The guy proceeded to tell me that I UPDATED THE WRONG file to it and its no longer any good?!?!?!?!?!?!? Are you serious?!?!?!? It was anything and everything he could do to get me off the phone and not have to deal with my questions. All he wanted to do was tell me its no good, its a throw away. I would NEVER recommend to ANYBODY to buy a PPE programmer after that phone call to that stupid piece of trash technician that didnt give a crap less about fixing or helping to solve someones problem with THEIR PRODUCT!

"Oh that programmer isnt updateable" OH really then why do you have it posted on your website?

"Oh did you have it preflashed by Ford" So anytime you sell a programmer you tell your would be customer to go have your ECM flashed by the Manufacturer first?

"Oh there's nothing we can do to help you with that" You are telling me that you make, build, program, and sell these things but you cant help someone fix it?

I am so freaking POED right now I cant even see straight. So I guess I get to throw away a tuner that I purchased and didnt even get to enjoy. I just love how these businesses think that YOUR money is THROW AWAY...OH just throw it away and go buy another one.........:ba nghead::soap box:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I definitely don't blame ya for being upset. Try calling back and speaking to a different rep, if they can't help you, escalate the call until you get to someone who can. The squeeky wheel gets the grease.

On an unrelated note, is anyone else bothered by "po'd" (not picking on the poster here) I've heard people use this for years and always though "you're piss offed?" It just never made much sense to me

Also, OP, if you want some advice, go with an SCT with a custom tune rather than the PPE. You and your truck will be so much happier
Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

You're not going to get any help from them. Unless you're calling about a duramax tuner, they can't/won't help you.

The white tab tuners aren't updateable.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:53 AM

See but if you go to their website tell me WHY theres a white tab update for 6.0 tuner? Why dont they just say on the website then that the WHITE TAB USB's ARENT UPDATEABLE?!?!?!?!? At the end of the day is piss poor service. Again I say Id NEVER recommend them to even my worst enemy.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:31 PM

take it as a sign to get an SCT and move on
Old 04-29-2013, 02:38 PM

i know you dont mean bad by saying that man, but at the moment Im still a little hot about flushing $275 down the toilet.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 PM

I understand. But just think, this way you don't have to lose $2k when the PPE burnt the transmission up!
Old 04-29-2013, 03:54 PM

You are definatly a glass is half full kinda guy lol....but good observation man actually grinned on that one. I can honestly say I loaded tune 4 on it and I HATED the way it shifted absolutely HATED it.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:51 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Well you knew you had made a bed decision when you first posted about this and said you didn't want to hear about SCT. Sooo, you are basicallly dealing with a self inflicted wound for doing something you shouldn't have when you knew better. Sorry man but you really don't get to whine over self inflicted wounds.

Chalk it up to experience and next time listen to the advice posted here. We put all this info here so people don't have to go through what you are going through now.

Don't mean to be an *** about it but it is what it is.
Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-30-2013, 05:05 AM

$275 well worth it. Have you priced a transmission rebuild? I can't even imagine what cylinder pressures are like with that generic tuner fooling your truck into adding more timing and fuel.

You'll look back on this in a year's time and think "damn, I'm glad that thing didn't work now"

With that said... throwing $275 away SUCKS. That is never fun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.