Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Any FASS owners out there?

4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  JUGERNAUT 
#1 ·
Tossed out the AirDud and bought a FASS 200gph HD series. I'm working the bugs out, here's my problem. The pump takes 15-30 seconds to prime every single time I start the truck. I'm using a sump, not the ontop of tank setup that FASS provided, FASS said a sump is ok to use.

I noticed in the moring when I start my truck my pressure is at 70psi. After driving all day when I get home it usually 55psi. This is without me making any adjustments.

Sidenote- I'm using a driven diesel regulated return.

#2 ·
I'm stumped. This unit is seeming just as unreliable as an Airdog and I haven't even had it for a week.

I put a separate pressure gauge on the fass system. Sometimes its 90psi, sometimes its 50psi. So frustrated!

Two pumps, different brands now acting the same. Maybe its something else....

#3 ·
People were having problems with FASS long before Airdog. These pumps are basically of similar design and will have similar results. You may want to try feeding it with a stock 6.4 pump, that appears to have made Juggernaut's AD happy. Would probably work the same with your FASS.

#4 ·
Is the stock 6.4 pump better than the stock 6.0 pump? If so instead of me buying a fass or airdog, is a 6.4 pump just as good

#5 ·
Not sure if you really want to go with a 6.4 pump as it's not a huei system. Different fuel pressure requirements I believe. Can't say for sure though. For people that own 6.0 and 7.3's have better success with OEM pumps and if you need more fuel volume they tie in two OEM pumps in parallel and install an aftermarket fuel filter like a raycor or something

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#6 ·
the 6.4 pump is a low pressure 8psi pump. I love my FASS....however mine is a low pressure pusher pump feeding my fuelab. i've had it for around 7 years with no problems. I first ran it feeding my stock pump.

#7 ·
You can use a 6.4 pump to feed another pump with but you can not use a 6.4 pump solely as your only lift pump. The 6.4 pump is a high volume low pressure pump, operates at 10 psi. It's no where near the psi needed for a 6.0 or 7.3 HEUI injection system. You would still need a lift pump capable or 60 psi or better. The issue with the AD or FASS on a 6.0/7.3 is they require constant high pressure which is hard on pumps.

#8 ·
Is there a thread or a write up on using both pumps on the 6.0?

#12 ·
jwsland I'm stumped. This unit is seeming just as unreliable as an Airdog and I haven't even had it for a week.

I put a separate pressure gauge on the fass system. Sometimes its 90psi, sometimes its 50psi. So frustrated!

Two pumps, different brands now acting the same. Maybe its something else....

This is what I heard, that FASS was a father and son business and at some point they had a disagreement and split up with the father starting up Airdog.
This might be why they are similar and have similar issues.

#14 ·
Installed high pressure FASS pumps systems on a few trucks...and they have never had an issue.

#16 ·
Well seeing as i work 65hrs a week and I'm not too handy when it comes to working on the truck putting another pump inline to feed this one is out of my leauge. I wouldnt even know where to start.

I described this picture to fass customer service and they said the way its setup is fine. Maybe my line is at too aggresive of an angle? How else was I supposed to hook it up? They want me to take the pump apart and inspect a small white ball behind the srping located behind something else. ahhh what the hell whos got time for that!? :tard: Its not even a week old and maybe its damaged!? For $900 you'd expect fuel system issues to be eliminated. Do they actually put these on big rigs that drive across country!

Attachments

#21 ·
do you have your sump directly under the return in your tank? the reason i ask is this! the return would be pointing directly at the intake of the sump so any air bubbles would be going right into sump intake. the thing i did was bend return to rear of tank!

#17 ·
Well the fass just crapped out. Unreal. Had to find someone to tow my trailer and made my weekly call to aaa. Getting the Irate diesel kit with an A1000.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.