boosted launchs - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
boosted launchs

hey fells I need some opinions when I boost launch , at around 1800 rpms and floor it I lose races just because I smoke the hell out of my tires, for like 100 feet before I stop spinning, my question is ,,,,, is it safe and more effective to boost launch with 4wd or will I break something,,, early 04 f350, 6 in lift nitto 35s ,, fully rebuilt motor with arp head studs, egr delete,, 4in turbo back straight pipe exhaust, k&n cold air intake, blue spring mod, truck has 03 motor, so no worrie about stc fitting and dummy plugs, almost everything under the hood is new, except for the injectors kept the old ones,, running sct tuner on performance , when I barley boost launch I win, but I wanna take off like a bat out of hell,,, does my hubs need to be locked in when I do this ,, and whats the chances of breaking something in the transfer case or the front drive shaft,,,, when I upgrade my injectors im going with some customs tunes from Vivian,, thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2013, 09:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thats how I see them launch off the line they go around the water pit stick it 4High then once they are off they put it in 2wd
Old 04-27-2013, 03:52 AM

Yes put it in 4wd hi, i had to when i took mine to the strip a couple weeks ago. Even at 22psi i was breaking all four tires loose and it wheel hopped BAD! i ran an 9.13 in the 1/8th, im running vivians looney tune as well. i noticed between 10-15psi of boost is where my truck does best at take off. i also need new tires, so my tires are a crutch to me right now. good luck man!!!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I always lock my hubs in manually at the track just so I know for sure they are fully engaged. It's not a have to thing, just a safety precaution. You really don't have to worry about breaking anything launching in 4 high as long as you don't try to spool it really high and get the front end hopping on pavement. Like stated, 10-15psi is where they do best with stock injectors/turbo. Also, don't worry about clicking it right back to 2wd as soon as you get going because its not going to go back into 2wd until you let off the gas. I've ran 100+mph in 4high racing and it doesn't hurt anything.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Bump To Pass!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-rector View Post
Thats how I see them launch off the line they go around the water pit stick it 4High then once they are off they put it in 2wd
Every post that has been put up pretty much spells it out for ya. When I went for the first time I did not go around the water pit and did a 14psi launch. As soon as the tires rolled onto the wet spots from the water pit she broke loose and started hopping. Hopping is where you will break somthing. I dont have my factory vacuum locking hubs. They seized up a long time ago so I am running the Warn locking hub kit. I dont know if I would trust the vacuum hubs to hold up on a launch. I would probably lock them in to be sure. Other than that just have fun.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thanks for the tips fellows,, think the next time I go to race I will lock the hubs in boost launch in 4wd high,,, some thing I have noticed about my boost is that she'll break the rear tires around 18 and then when I gun it she's up to 30 lbs like almost instantly and that's running the sct canned performance tune, their is a shop around my way that does custom tuning they say get their tunes from eric at innovative diesel,, extreme street is what he says I want 3 tunes for 160 bucks.. he was talking something like another 180 hp.. I think my truck is pushing around 350 to 380 at the rear wheels.. not to sure maybe a little more,, I know she hauls *** but what can I say i want more,, going to upgrade my injectors to 175cc soon once again thanks for the advice

Last edited by rogerallen33; 04-28-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

fellows from your upgrades your trucks sound wicked,,, i have heard a lot about the loony tune your talking about how many more horse does that tune give you.... the next step on my upgrade list is my injectors, im not a rich man, but i work hard and love my truck,,, doing the things i have already done to it broke me,,,,,, i didn't buy the truck and plan on building it i was going to leave it stock and then after a month my engine blew up,,,, so i didn't have a choice ,,, so i had her rebuilt and did some mods to her,, and then threw in a sct tuner... im very happy with the performance,, but now im addicted and want to build her more,,,, im going to upgrade the turbo to that's on my list,,,, now the one i have is 03 turbo rebuilt, and i love the whistle,,,, does an after market turbo whistle like the 03,,,, i really don't wanna lose the whistle
Old 04-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

as far as I know the 03 is the only one that whistles
Old 04-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The 03 whistles like that because of the 10 bladed exhaust turbine. The 04.5-07 has a 13 blade turbine wheel and it still whistles just not nearly as loud as the 03 does.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:59 AM
Premium Member

My powermax is pretty damn loud on my 06 with a 5" straight pipe. I think it's louder than my buddies 03

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.