SCT vs DP tuner - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 07:20 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SCT vs DP tuner

I know questions on tuners come up all the tome but real quick let me ask, for the 03 6.0 motor with OEM gaskets, ARP studs, EGR delete which would u recommend? The SCT or the DP? Also iv heard that spartan could be making a 6.0 tune is this true? Thank you

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I think that it's impossible to beat the versatility of the SCT tuner.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^ I concur. Jody is great at what he does but the other guys with the SCT programming have been doing the 6.0's since they came out and really know their chit. Jody does a good job at tuning stock trucks for a 6.0 from what I have heard and if your planning on keeping it around stock + tune performance levels than I'm sure Jody could make you happy as well as a custom tune with a SCT device would. Jody has TONS AND TONS of experience tuning the 7.3's so he isn't new to the tuning scene by any means, but if your going for performance and power out of your 6.0 stay with a SCT and get custom tunes from your choice of writer.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

At one time there was talk of the Spartan Phalanx setup on the way for 6.0's, there were even beta testers right here on this site. You could also tune the FICM using the phalanx too. Even if anything came of it, the problem there is it's 2x or more $ than an SCT, and you're stuck with one single vendor doing tuning.

Spartan at one time used to do 6.0 tuning, they gave up on it and put all of their files out on the net for free. They were straight up horrible in my case.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Jody has been tuning 6.0L engines since 2005. He actually owns and drives a 6.0L Excursion daily. We have had a lot of happy customers running his 6.0L tunes for quite some time.

While the Infinity has many benefits over the SCT devices, we also offer tunes for SCT devices as well.

To the OP... Feel free to shoot me an e-mail or PM if you have any questions about the Infinity. I would be happy to help you out.
Stiles likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Justin@DP-Tuner For This Useful Post:
Stiles (03-12-2014)
Old 04-25-2013, 01:00 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I use an SCT and Jody's tunes, I did not know there were other devices to load tunes. I recommend DP, they way better then ID tunes I have tried.
Stiles likes this.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:06 PM

I have to say the sct is very nice. I even used a xcal2 with email tunes on one of my 6.0s with great success. Jody at dp is good at what he does, but my dp tuner had problems when it was fairly new. I should have been able to get it warrantied. But after 3 phone calls and leaving messages I gave up. Still have a sour taste in my mouth about that.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:13 PM

get a sct and look into tony wildman tunes or matt from gearhead both have been great to deal with
Old 03-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

DP Tunes - Test subject

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I want to be the test subject on the DP vs Innovative matter. I just bought the 80 econ and 120 race tunes from Jody today and I should have them by tomorrow. I already have tunes from Eric. I have looked and looked for someone who can give me accurate, up to date feedback on Jody's tunes for the 6.0. Look, I understand that Matt and Eric are SCT guys and therefore would have had better, more powerful and less finicky tunes than Jody off the bat, but Jody mastered the 7.3. Who is to say that with some time, he hasn't already mastered the 6.0? I had a 7.3 and DP had the best tunes hands down. I tried edge, ts, superchips and dp. I'm not saying that Matt or Eric's custom tunes aren't amazing. I'm saying that Jody is a tunesmith. That's what he does for a living. I just had to try it for myself. If I don't like them, I'm out 200 bucks. But if I do, then I think that people deserve to know.

Regards,

Grant in Chatham
Stiles likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chatham For This Useful Post:
Stiles (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 09:50 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I for one appreciate the knowledge.

Also, Everyone should know,
Each truck will either accept or Reject a certain tune for no fault of the person tuning it..

My truck does not Like tunes from Matt @ Gearhead for some reason after who knows how many tries. It loves tunes from Tony Wildman!

I have a guy local to me that cannot get Tony's tunes to work on his truck for the life of it... But has been running Matt's SRL for years and loves it.

How one truck acts will not be exactly like the next
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.