SCT IM REALLY UPSET WITH YOU GUYS!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Thumbs down SCT IM REALLY UPSET WITH YOU GUYS!!

Well i usually dont ever do this but here it goes. I have 3 SCT devices and livewire 9600 and 2 3015s because i have so many tunes. I only have ever used the livewire for monitoring this is it. Well 4 weeks ago i tried to tune my truck with it and it would start to download stock file then it had a error code and couldn't download stock file so it would stop it wasnt even vin locked. I didn't have this issue with the other 2 3015s they programmed fine. Besides all harnesses are new and it has new pcm and ficm. So i send them in to SCT with a rma number to this point SCT has been awesome in trying to help me out. They have them for 3 weeks and this is normal so it is what it is! I get a call that there was nothing wrong with them and they updated all of them with new firmware and software so im ok with that ill give them a try right. I get them back and the 3015 is fixed but the screen on the livewire is way off like it is sliding around and it also does the same thing as before. At this point im not upset because we all make mistakes including me!!! Well i make the phone call today about a hour ago!! I will not put his name up as i am not that kind of person to throw people under the bus but WOW!! i EXPLAIN what the problem was and told him i just got it back and that i didnt know the RMA number from last time so he had to look it up he put me on hold! i was taking my daughter to dance and he picked it back up and started telling me rma number and i asked politely to email it to me as i was driving. THEN I HEARD A BID SIGH OVER THE PHONE. I said excuse me did you just sigh to me and said he was just breathing hard then i lit into him telling him i was the customer and he had a attitude. THEN HE TOLD ME HE WAS STARTING TO GET A ATTITUDE WITH ME!! At this point i told him that i have been very patient with them not being able to fix my tuner and that i was the customer and that he was very rude!! never would i still have a job if i treated my customers the way he talked to me,I also told him i sell 2 or 3 of there products a week and that might change now!! HEY SCT GUY NEXT TIME MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS HUNG UP BEFORE YOU CALL ME A *******!! ENOUGH SAID! Very sorry to vent but i thought you guys should know how i was treated!!

NEXT WEEK i was going to order a new livewire what a shame!

FOLLOW UP Ok talked with the manager at SCT tech department and he was very sorry and explained that this is not how they do business and it would be delt with.I told him i never had a issue with them or there product just last night. He also took care of the RMA that he said wasnt sent last night! He was very nice and asked me to deal with him from now on. My faith in SCT has been restored!

The person that helped me was Jesse Silva he was great to talk to and very professional!

Last edited by JUGERNAUT; 04-23-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 03:15 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dude that sucks, usually every customer service rep has an ID# and you should of asked him for it or even asked for a manager. Who knows, maybe he was having a bad day but it still doesnt make it right to treat customers that way.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oh how dare he sigh over the phone. Come on dude, you really lit in to this guy for breathing? Despite the previous problem with the device, it sounds like you were trying to entice this guy into an argument.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtrucktexan View Post
Oh how dare he sigh over the phone. Come on dude, you really lit in to this guy for breathing? Despite the previous problem with the device, it sounds like you were trying to entice this guy into an argument.
No im not like that at all! There are many that now me on here in person and i'm not that way. Everything was fine until i was putting him out! Again im the customer and sell there product. To make my point this is the first time i have ever ranted on the org so for real DUDE they where wrong. If it was fixed correctly the first time we wouldn't be to this point.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGERNAUT View Post
No im not like that at all! There are many that now me on here in person and i'm not that way. Everything was fine until i was putting him out! Again im the customer and sell there product. To make my point this is the first time i have ever ranted on the org so for real DUDE they where wrong. If it was fixed correctly the first time we wouldn't be to this point.
I agree, it should've been fixed the first time. That's probably why the rep sighed, or showed signs of frustration. Still though, he probably could've saved you a lot more frustration and knew who to talk to in order to get it done, don't take it out on the guy answering the phone when many other people down the line were equally at fault.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordtrucktexan View Post
I agree, it should've been fixed the first time. That's probably why the rep sighed, or showed signs of frustration. Still though, he probably could've saved you a lot more frustration and knew who to talk to in order to get it done, don't take it out on the guy answering the phone when many other people down the line were equally at fault.
I think you misunderstand me i didnt show any anger until he got short with me! It had nothing to do with anything else until he was asked to email it to me! That is when i got the sigh! That is when i had the issue not until then! So that this is cleared up and my words are not twisted. I had zero problems at all until i was the one that was clearly being treated like crap! My grandpop always told me to treat people with respect the way i would want to be treated! That was further instilled in me with my NAVAL experience. Im almost 50 and yes can tell when im clearly being talked down too So yes treat me right and you will get the same!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
That sucks Dale, hope they get you straighten out quickly. I'll lend you my piece of junk Hyper-Tech if you want to blow your trans!!LOL!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-22-2013, 04:46 PM
Powerstroke Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilpooh View Post
That sucks Dale, hope they get you straighten out quickly. I'll lend you my piece of junk Hyper-Tech if you want to blow your trans!!LOL!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Thats ok Rich but thanks for the offer! I dont know maybe i just expect to much like getting good service and stuff like that. I know in my life ive always been there for people and will always answer phones and help people when ever i can. I like to give back that is just me. It just set me back in my seat when that happened. I bend over backwards to help for everyone i meet it is just me!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Why do you need more than one device, regardless of how many tunes you have Dale. You keep your tunes on your PC and load the most likely to use on the device. 3 tuners?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Illiana Chapter Director

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That sucks to hear. I was thinking about getting a Live wire TS and getting rid of my X3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.