ARP rod bolts... what do y'all think? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Like a boss!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ARP rod bolts... what do y'all think?

Hey guys. Looking for opinions about these. I recently got my engine back from the machine shop and the bottom end spec sheet given to me says to replace rod bolts and recommends ARP. I purchased them for $195 shipped. Now that I am looking a bit harder I have found them for $175. Dunno what the shipping costs though. Basically did I waste money?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Like a boss!

Bump... Anybody?
Old 04-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

some companies sell their products for a little more,, but you never waste money when you go with any fasten that is made be arp,, if you going to build a high hp truck you made the right choice
Old 04-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Like a boss!

Basically what I figured. I do not plan on building a high horsepower truck, maybe later trying for 500's, I am just trying to build a reliable truck. Don't laugh at that.... a 6.0 can be reliable....
Old 04-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ohh I won't laugh at all my friend I have a early 04 6.0 which has a 03 styel engine which I have had completely rebuilt,, here is were im at new rings pistons,,, went with lighter pistons, can't remember the name brand right off, they were like 700 bucks for the set,, new rod and crank bearings,, new lifters, new valves and valve guides installed, new push rods and rocker arms, new head intake and exhaust gaskets were installed, with arp head studs, egr delete, and I had the intake boiled out to remove all the soot, new high flow hpop, completely rebuilt 03 turbo,,, k&n cold air intake,, blue spring mod, 4 in turbo back straight pipe exhaust, 6 in lift riding on 35x12.5x20 nitto grappler with 20 in massi rims, sct tuned, upgrading to custom tunes after I upgrade my injectors, and get gauges, that my next project,,, she has been dynode at 403 rwhp that that's running a preloaded sct perforamance tune,,,, I want 500 at the rear wheels,,, rebuilding my truck almost broke me,,,,, the motor in the truck blew up a month after I bought it,,,,, that's why I had these things done,,,,,i also have rancho shocks,,, you have done some good things to your truck,,,,, you say you don't want a high hp truck but mark my words you will end up with one,,, I didn't care for one either,,, but I have one now and I want more lol
Old 04-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Like a boss!

Thats is where I am at. I am rebuilding mine right now. Here is a link to the active thread on it. Your .02 on stuff might keep me from making a mistake since you have done it before. And yeah, I agree, I don't want one but will probably end up with one. All I need is a SCT and will be close. I bought a lot of upgrades for the building project.
Building engine from bare block
Old 04-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Serving Our Country!

I'd use them. I've seen them on installs. Great product. If you could find a stud for the rods I would use those first but I wouldn't turn away from those.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I looked at your thread, you got the tools to do the job, I didn't rebuild mine myself I had trucks unlimited do the job for me,,, but I was their along the way to see the progress,,, I have came to understand these motors a lot , you know I can work on gasser, I have rebuilt quite a few of them,,,, but my truck I have now is the first diesel that I have ever owned so I didn't know anything about it,,, you know a lot of the basic concepts are the same, that piston where that valve broke looked nasty bro,,,, did you hone that cylinder real good,,,, how did the cylinder wall look,,,, all that you are going threw ,,, you just need to go ahead and make that truck the most bad *** truck in your town,,,, you have a lot of money sitting right their in that picture whats a few more hundred while your rebuilding you truck you can send your old injectors off to warren diesel and they will rebuild and upgrade your injectors for you at a fair price, you can upgrade to 190 cc for like 1200 bucks bro that is a very good price just look them up online,,, they also sale high flow fuel pumps and all that, I will continue to check you threads ,, though out the week,,,, keep me informed on you progress,, I will help you in anyway that I can,,, remember just go ahead and make her the baddest
Old 04-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

go ahead and buy a sct tuner and after you get you truck together get you some custom tunes
Old 04-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Like a boss!

Thanks for the support Roger. These engines are pretty easy to understand, but then again I have been researching and talking about it with my buddy nonstop for about 2 months. The cylinder wall looked perfect surprisingly enough. Most of the valve got smashed into the top of the piston. Ill put a pic up tomorrow. The little bit of valve that got between the.piston and wall was just crammed into the ring channel and siezed that all up. I had all cylinders bored, block crack checked cleaned and checked for flatness also. I sent my injectors to warren. They will finish them and ship em out tomorrow. I did 155/stock. Thought about changing it to 175/stock but idn. I think I am gonna wait on more upgrades and recover my bank account for now. Pretty much all left is easy bolt on stuff as I have the internals built out. The SCT is deff on my list. I wonder what Ill be pushing with a good tune...? I think I would be better off putting a couple thousand miles on it before a tune though. Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.