need help finding a tuner for 6.0 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need help finding a tuner for 6.0

Hey guys I'm most likely buying a 6l and I'm debating on a tuner. I'm leaning torwards the H&S mini maxx. I like being able to shift on the fly and if I buy any newer diesel I will probably be able to use it. I know a lot of people go with the sct. And I haven't heard much about the ppe tuner for the 6.0. So if anyone has used that feed back would be nice. And what you liked and didn't like about them. Thanks. I'm also curious if anyone knows about any other shift on the fly tuners for the 6l that are any good. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Shift on the fly tuners are bad for the transmission in 6.0's. That is one reason most people go with SCT. If you feel the power difference between a custom race tune on the SCT and the performance tune on the other tuners and you'll know there's NO comparison.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:50 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_Stroke View Post
Shift on the fly tuners are bad for the transmission in 6.0's. That is one reason most people go with SCT. If you feel the power difference between a custom race tune on the SCT and the performance tune on the other tuners and you'll know there's NO comparison.
what he said ^ my SCT Livewire TS 5015 is in the mail and on the way to me! i've seen trucks go from slow to incredible with just the SCT tuner..
Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 PM

sct all the way. i put my tuner on after my delete and you could feel the difference right off the bat. yesterday i took it off just to see if it was in my head and nope couldnt even wait to get home to put it back on and that is just with the street tune.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:48 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
dont waste your money with the h&s only reason newer trucks are going with them are for deleting the dpf system. get a sct livewire ts and be a happy camper then get custom tunes from matt at gearhead automotive or tony wildman
Old 04-19-2013, 08:00 PM
Street Dentist

Got my SCT today, loaded my tunes and went for a good drive. I have to say, I love it. I don't think you can go wrong with the SCT when it comes to the 6.0. I'm new to the tuners too, but it sure feels good and seems like I made the right choice based on what I've read on here.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Premium Member

when i first bought my 6.0l i didnt no much about tuning . i went to the diesel performance store and bought the h&s mini max. i thought it was great lots of power and shift on the fly and all the gauges . after a few months the trans strated to slip and bang in to gear also known as the 3-5 shift flair , did some research on line and found out about the sct tuner and how it tunes the trans and h&s does not tune the trans on a 6.0l . so i still wanted to keep my mini max cause i liked the shift on the fly and the platform was great . i found out about the gogo direct clutch solenoid and that fixed my shift flair . then i found out a place called kem performance was working on building custom tunes for the mini max so i was pumped . but it never happened and now they threw the idea out . then i was waiting for the mcc to come out for the 6.0 l but never happend . finally i said screw it and bought an sct and loaded some custom tunes and i must say the shifting is like night and day , dont get me wrong the power with the mini was great and smoth but the sct is a better product for our trucks . i kept my mini max to use for gauges in case i decide to get a newer or different diesel . i hope this helps
Old 04-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I think I will go with sct now. Any special version better than the others? And has anyone heard anything or used to ppe tuber for the 6.0 I'm curious about that tuner vs the sct. Thanks everyone!
Old 04-20-2013, 03:10 AM

I haven't used any other timers so I can't compare to much. But my setup is a SCT 3015 handheld for tuning the truck. For my gauges I am running an Edge Insight CTS. My tunes came from Matt @ Gearhead Automotive Performance. After my buildup, studs, injectors, Wicked Wheel etc.. I thought the truck ran great with the stock tune. After loading the custom tunes, it was a night and day difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.