Gearhead Automotive Performance - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gearhead Automotive Performance

Just wanted to give a shout out to Matt and Larz at Gearhead Automotive Performance. Just got two tunes written for my F-550.
One is for daily driving,hp, and economy, along with light towing.
Second is for heavy towing.

I will be posting my results in here and my build threads as I get them.

All modifications were accounted for , larger injectors (155/30), Wicked Wheel, and Bulletproof Diesel remote cooler.

Larz was awesome to deal with. Answered every question thoroughly, and discussed my setup and tweaks that were made to build my tunes.

Matt was super quick on the turn around time. I had my tunes in my email box in a day.

If you are looking for some tunes, I would highly recommend them. Top notch customer service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 07:02 PM

I also have had very good experience with matt. He had been working with me on my new set up and is always quick with response and turn around
Old 04-17-2013, 07:23 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
same here gearhead is great and the only one that i know of that has specific tunes for the BPD external cooler. great group of guy's and love my srl cant wait for studs so i can get the srl++
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprksonu View Post
same here gearhead is great and the only one that i know of that has specific tunes for the BPD external cooler. great group of guy's and love my srl cant wait for studs so i can get the srl++
As soon as I got into my setup with Larz I knew made a good choice. He said i was probably the first 450-550 with larger than stock injectors that they had written a tune for.

When I heard that they write tunes for some ambulances and fire trucks I knew they could take care of.my needs. I am going to try my heavy tow tune out maybe tomorrow so I can compare my results. I know that I can notice the difference from my stock tune and my.new street tune. I may order a performance tune in the future just for the heck of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.