off with the Pmax and return of the stocker. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
off with the Pmax and return of the stocker.

This is more of a test than anything since I didn't get to test my Banks IC with the stock turbo. you can see my test (here) which I'll be adding to. First I want to say I like the Pmax+Batmo combo I haven't had any issues and mileage with ID's FICM and street tunes has been between 15.5 city/21hwy (hand calculated). Off idle response is down a little but not bad noise soso depending on my mood. Now for the stock turbo it is now being tested on the truck with studs and all new injectors same as the pmax. I will update the other thread with temps when I get them tomorrow. As for mileage before the IC and Pmax on the stock stuff on ID's FICM and Street tune was 16.5/21(althought it might have been better since it had issues when I got this number). Ok some meat for you to look at.

ID's Moderate FICM and street Pmax tune for the Pmax+Batmo +Banks IC
WOT 28PSI EGT's 1160*F

ID's Moderate FICM and Street tune for the stock turbo +Banks IC
WOT 22PSI EGT's 1350*F

I have a feeling the low boost was do to the large IC and piping. I can say air temps are up. Also tire wear is going to be a issue again something I have had much of with the Pmax. With the Pmax I could light the tires easy but with the spool delay it helped. Now this thing lights the micro second you step on it and leaves black marks even with out trying. Even thought the boost is low it still pulls hard up top. Anyways I'll update the other thread tomorrow night. Once this is done if the mileage doesn't gain a lot the Pmax with be going back on maybe even with MTW's single plain wheel for some testing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 11:28 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Guess the different turbine makes a difference, wonder how your pmax would do with the 13 blade vs the 10 blade? Good luck, hope it works out for you.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:28 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I installed banks IC and gogo intake at same time with no other mods and I actually seen a small rise in boost pressure, I don't know why. I remember because I was extremely concerned during the install the turbo wouldn't be able to fill all the extra room, but instead it boosted about 2-3psi more. Must be do to the smoother path of airflow. Just a data point for you.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:21 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
you know the funny thing is today I returned the truck to stock and I got 27psi and that was even with the EGR enabled. I don't know what is going on with that. But I do know this weekend the Pmax is going back on. With the Pmax I like the fact I get a cooler change at the same PSI also I can run higher power tunes with lower egts. As for power once the tune had time to learn it lost some of the bottom end and I could tell much difference down low between the Pmax or the Stock turbo. But I can tell a difference mid and on the high end. Also a strange thing I notice was I get more lag with the stock tune with the stock turbo than with the pmax and stock turbo. I know some don't like the Batmo but I did notice a difference and for the good with my setup.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.