Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Renegade injectors customer service

15K views 142 replies 35 participants last post by  Adamv7010 
#1 ·
If you want a company to say they will do your injectors, but never do, and won't return emails or calls, then I suggest you go through renegade for your injectors.

I ordered injectors on 4-4-2013, it was a thursday, Sheldon said he would start them the following monday and they should be done and shipped by wed(4-10). On wed I hadn't heard anything, so I gave him a call to see what the status was, I was told they where almost done and would ship the next day. Was told he would call with the final price and tracking info, at the least he would email me the info. Thursday went by no call, no email, so I called him, no answer so I left a message. Friday came still no call or email, again called and left message. Sat the same, as well as Monday, and I would call on my breaks at work to try and get ahold of him, asking him to just let me know what was going on. Tuesday when I left him a message I told him that If I didn't hear from him by the end of the day I would assume he wasn't interested in making the sell and I would go somewhere else. I as well sent him an email telling him the same. The only good parts are he hasn't charged my card yet, and I was sending my cores in after I got the new injectors.

I'm not a totally unreasonable person, and if Sheldon would have let me know there was an issue, weather it be personal or with the injectors, I would have been understanding.

All in all I'm very dissapointed with my dealings with renegade and would not suggust them to anyone.

See less See more
#4 ·
It's been a week now since he said they would ship the next day, and if he gets texts he can get the voicemails I left, no excuse. A simple two minute call back, explaining that they where not ready for what ever reason isn't that hard.

#5 ·
sadly i have started to hear the same stories. thats why i have stuck with jessie!

#45 · (Edited)
warren diesel no problems ever!!!!!!!!! bought one set in process of upgrading and the even cut me a sweet deal.
I still hear stories not Renegade either, Ive got a boy here going on 2 months still hasnt gotten his injectors No one is perfect or flawless.

#6 ·
btw thats a kick butt place to mount the cs. how did you do that. sorry for the derail

#7 ·
Rut Row Raggy.

D

#8 ·
rut row is right. And im getting ready to send mine out to him hear shortly- might hold off for the moment?

#11 ·
I keep hearing these solo outfits coming along and at first are the go to person, then as a few months go on, they start to hit the pot in the customer service department.

Example, when I went through the cr in my truck, I got my valve train from a small time guy, recommended by a lot of folks, and cheaper than the bigger outfits. Was told a week and waited a month, went through the calling routine and kept getting excuses, finally after saying screw it I'm going elsewhere, my parts were here the next day. Found out he didn't have them at the time yet told me they were in stock ready to go.

Same story as one of these outfits for you guys, great to deal with, helpful as can be, the cure for cancer almost. Then come a few complaints, and then will come the bashing for telling about a bad experience and a big pissing contest starts, thread closed, end of story.

If a business owner is swamped, let people know, explain the situation, and cut them a little better deal for their patience. Customer service will make or break you.

Op, hope you get back in order as quick as possible. Sucks waiting on parts, I know.

#12 ·
I have heard a lot of good things about Sheldon I would assume something has happened and he will have his crap together soon. I wouldnt bash the guy yet. I do know it sucks waiting for parts though. Hope all works out for you.

#13 ·
Hope it All gets figured out, I've only heard good things About him, I've never had an issue with Jessie.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·
When I was shopping for injectors a month or so ago I called them. No answer the 3 times I called and voice mail was full. Being a small business owner I totally understand that things happen. But like stated above let people know before the internet assumptions and bashing takes off. I hope all is well with them if a serious issue has come up. Waiting on parts does suck, so I move on and find what I need elsewhere when things come up. When others told me 1-2 weeks for injectors, Jesse had me a new set in 4 days from the time I ordered to delivery. That was with them having to order new injectors to build my set. Best of luck.

#15 ·
i have personal experience with sheldon and can not say anything bad about the guy, answers every time i need him and willing to take the time and explain everything i want to know and answer all questions. stand up guy in my opinion. not sure whats going on but i hope everything works out for you.

#16 ·
This is not directed at any one individual but... Yeah, he should absolutely stop working to answer the phone every time one of you call. It's not like he has anything do do but wait for you to call and sit and chat with you for a while. That's the way you put food on the table for your family. He isn't an assembly line folks. He has always been easier to get in touch with via txt message.

That doesn't excuse telling you something and not telling the truth or following through with your commitments. Seems to be a rash of this going on these days.

#17 ·
I'm waiting on a set of injectors from him and a stage 3 from Adrian but good things are worth waiting for. it does help to know what's going on to put your mind at ease. When I have tried to get ahold of him it sometimes takes a day or so to get a response

#18 ·
You always can take control of the process and follow the steps in my sig to have them done locally. Most machine shops should be able to give you less than a week's turnaround. I just did another set to 190s; took them in on Friday and picked them up on Tuesday. Order nozzles to have ready for the assembly. The disassembly and reassembly is fairly straight forward, except for the initial fear factor; so if you don't like the service, you have other options.

#22 ·
You always can take control of the process and follow the steps in my sig to have them done locally. Most machine shops should be able to give you less than a week's turnaround. I just did another set to 190s; took them in on Friday and picked them up on Tuesday. Order nozzles to have ready for the assembly. The disassembly and reassembly is fairly straight forward, except for the initial fear factor; so if you don't like the service, you have other options.
I'm guessing you mean automotive machine shops, because a real machine shop will never be able to consistantly provide one week turnaround. Does Sheldon actually have a machine shop, or just the equipment necessary for himself to modify injectors?

#20 ·
Nozzles are available, from a number of sellers. Most are not sponsors. I listed a few in my other thread. The nozzles are all flow calibrated, or should be. I didn't flow my injectors as a function of cost. You can send away your internals to at least one modifier to get parts cut like I did locally. If the tolerances are tight, the volume of new flow will be quite accurate. The volume difference with cut accuracy of .0005" or less is a non issue. The nozzles are the weak link for spec tolerance.

#24 ·
It depends where you live and what is available. A few shops I contacted didn't want the job, that happens. The job is less than 2 hours, so it can be fit in to a schedule depending on the shops focus or variety of work. However, it is a simple job if you have the right tools.

Ask Renegade.

#29 ·
I paid last Tuesday and was told they would ship that day and still no sign. I don't mind waiting but I like knowing what's going on.

#32 ·
Look guys, I understand your frustration. Have you tried all avenues, including emailing him? I just checked on Renegades facebook page and it appears he's waiting on his nozzles to show up that weren't delivered like they were supposed to be, which is going to back up customer orders as well. He even indicated for some that if they can't get ahold of him via phone, to try email. Try that. Sheldon@renegadediesel.com I wish I could help you out but it's not like he has a bunch of elves running around the shop building injectors while he sips mai thai's on a beach in some exotic country.

Keep trying to get ahold of him, worse case scenario, go with someone else's injectors and get your money back. I know I sound like a d@*k but I'm not trying to. Just remain optimistic and be patient. My truck's been down for 4 weeks, and my shop fee is nearing $800 (just to use the shop) on top of all the money I've forked out for this considering I just did it 300 miles ago and I'm trying to remain positive, ya'll can too. :thumb:

#33 ·
I don't see that on the renegade diesel Facebook? Maybe its his personal page?

Only issue I have is saying one thing & doing another...

I understand how small shops can get swamped..believe me...but good customer contact prior to payment...then after payment it all but ceases...on more than one occasion..with different customers is kinda nerve racking...especially when were talking 1500+ dollars each transaction

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#34 ·
All is well guys with sheldon, I have been talking to him a couple times this week. I agree you have to call him 100 times to get an anwser.. He built me a set of injects and he texted my this morning saying they were sent out so we will see... Ill believe it when i see them on my doorstep.. I dont understand why he cant communicate. And dont give that "the man has to put food on the table crap".. Im a small business owner as well and if i dont answer my phone when someone calls- I lose business plain and simple. Answer the phone, call people back, and stay in communication with your customers and everyone will be happy.

#37 ·
I bought a set of injectors just to build my 190's mailed them like march 1st and last Tuesday he called and said mine were done and ready to ship so I paid and still nothing 9 days later. Wisconsin to Missouri isn't that far LOL. The wait isn't what kills me I just wanna make sure they didn't get lost in transit knowing how the shipping companies can be. I can't just get a refund and go elsewere since he has my injectors.

#38 ·
i hear ya^ Im in your same boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.