Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Renegade injectors customer service

15K views 142 replies 35 participants last post by  Adamv7010 
#1 ·
If you want a company to say they will do your injectors, but never do, and won't return emails or calls, then I suggest you go through renegade for your injectors.

I ordered injectors on 4-4-2013, it was a thursday, Sheldon said he would start them the following monday and they should be done and shipped by wed(4-10). On wed I hadn't heard anything, so I gave him a call to see what the status was, I was told they where almost done and would ship the next day. Was told he would call with the final price and tracking info, at the least he would email me the info. Thursday went by no call, no email, so I called him, no answer so I left a message. Friday came still no call or email, again called and left message. Sat the same, as well as Monday, and I would call on my breaks at work to try and get ahold of him, asking him to just let me know what was going on. Tuesday when I left him a message I told him that If I didn't hear from him by the end of the day I would assume he wasn't interested in making the sell and I would go somewhere else. I as well sent him an email telling him the same. The only good parts are he hasn't charged my card yet, and I was sending my cores in after I got the new injectors.

I'm not a totally unreasonable person, and if Sheldon would have let me know there was an issue, weather it be personal or with the injectors, I would have been understanding.

All in all I'm very dissapointed with my dealings with renegade and would not suggust them to anyone.

See less See more
#86 ·
As I stated...yea I was pissed...but what's the point of getting bent all outta shape ya know?

I kicked & cussed a little but hey...we all need to every now and then Lol

Not gonna fix anything...a 3$ item at the dealer and I was back on track...hell it was 1 am when I got to that injector... I needed to get some rest anyway Lol.

I should have checked them all before I even started...but I didn't.

As far as shipping issues go I think there were some weather issues up in Wisconsin that hindered shipping..Sheldon did 2nd day air mine to me so that made a difference. But mine were shipped only a few days after...some guys have had longer wait times some shorter. Depends on the time...if he's building from cores...if you're sending them in...such as that

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#87 ·
I thought sheldon didn't plug the spill ports or is that on the smaller sized injectors that he doesn't?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#89 ·
#93 ·
I got my injectors on friday. Haven't checked them all yet but I'm glad to have them. Only problem I had was they should have been shipped out on the 4/24 when the label was printed but the box apparently got missplaced and they didn't ship till last Monday. And since he's so hard to get ahold of I wasn't sure what was going on and when I got ahold of him finally he wasn't sure either but Its all straighened out now.

#94 ·
You can build injectors larger than 200 cc without plugging spill ports if you want, you just need more shim, and most likely it is not usually done due to the additional cost of the larger shims, JMO. My 255/150s idle like stock, just had to have some fuel pulled at idle, due to the large nozzle size, nothing to do with plugged spill ports. Also, FWIW, you truck may very possibly idle a little crappy right after you install the injectors, as you work the air out of the HPO system.

#101 ·
Referencing the "bible" and checking your code, the probable cause is what you mentioned with the injector circuit or faulty coil. The fault comments are "FICM detected a short in an injector circuit to ground." I'm not certain the "lay the harness on something and it getting hot" would be the culprit because it seems like a situation like that would be similar to loosing an entire bank, unless it was that single cylinder and even then, what is the #3 harness gonna lay on that gets that hot??

You're probably right as unfortunate as it is, but it sounds like that injector might be on vacation. The only thing I could suggest as there was a member on her who found that although his injector clips were installed properly, they weren't holding the harness in place. I would triple check to make sure that harness is indeed secure and then do what you can to get ahold of Sheldon. Wish I could help ya out more.

#102 ·
My injectors so far are running flawlessly. I did purchase a new ficm harness and the ******** down in mexico made the wires(that plug in the injector) to long making them lay against the turbo and downpipe(#5 and#7 injector)... I fixed that by leaving the wires where they were and wrapped them with high temperature wrap that has Velcro on it. the loom is made for 1100 degrees so it would prevent any burning of the wires in the future. I would do it anyways for insurance- and that a lot of members here have had harness issues.

#105 ·
Makes me wanna go ahead and install my injectors to make sure they run ok. Since I bought a Lift I was gunna pull the cab and do the injectors, ypipe, turbo and regulated return all at once. I figured it would be easier with the cab off so I don't have to fight anything. How long does it actually take to do injectors? I have pulled them out of a motor sitting on the ground but not one in place.

#107 ·
I talk to him all the time. Text him all the time that is. He seems to be in touch. We had a "coming to jesus" moment if you will, and its been great communication. Sheldon is a good guy for sure. I understand where you are coming from, talk to him and tell him how ya feel and he will make it right.

#108 ·
I have...numerous times...the injectors have maybe 100 miles on them and have already had to tear it back apart 3 times...disheartening.

I've sent 9 texts, 6 calls, email & Facebook.

His warranty as of now is null...I'm having to rent a truck until I can get mine fixed and I can't even get a return message or call? Not a 'f*** you'..."replacements on the way"...nothing.

Since you have no problems getting up w him ..ask him to take 2 minutes to reply to one of my numerous messages plz.

His customer service is chit

#111 ·
He came well recommemded by some well respectes guys on here & psa, those of which i have no ill thought towards.

Im really sorry to hear that, I will send him a text in the morning and tell him to respond to you. He should respond and take care of you man. That being said his injectors are just as good if not better than the suppliers above. I have seen cass screw up- haha ask mitch, his cass injects had mixmatched nozzles in them that Sheldon found, rcd, and warren all have there well fair share of problems. But no excuses, u spent a lot of money for the services and you should get good service. I will give a yell at him tomm. I assume your name is adam?
Yes. Thank you.

Id much rather him tellme to go fcuk myself than nothing at all.

But yes as stayed they're man made and will have issues. This sets been a pita for me. 1 came with no rings...1 coil was bad and the same coil ended up snapping off all together.

Like o say ..**** happens...and the issues w the injectors doesn't bother me half as bad as the lack of communication

#110 ·
Im really sorry to hear that, I will send him a text in the morning and tell him to respond to you. He should respond and take care of you man. That being said his injectors are just as good if not better than the suppliers above. I have seen cass screw up- haha ask mitch, his cass injects had mixmatched nozzles in them that Sheldon found, rcd, and warren all have there well fair share of problems. But no excuses, u spent a lot of money for the services and you should get good service. I will give a yell at him tomm. I assume your name is adam?

#116 ·
Hey Adam. No problem bud, I texted him and gave him a heads up. He was appreciative that I was on him basically lol He will get you straight.

#119 ·
Jesus christ Greg. Don't you have anything better to do than to follow me from thread to thread and comment on my posts? STFU already.

It isn't about skills. That is a TON of extra unnecessary work for injectors, turbo and up pipes.

#121 ·
If you have the right tools you can be at the injectors on the passenger side in 20 minutes. Hell the driver side is quick too. I can pull a turbo in 10 minutes. It's not hard to do. The up pipes are a PITA though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.