Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Renegade injectors customer service

15K views 142 replies 35 participants last post by  Adamv7010 
#1 ·
If you want a company to say they will do your injectors, but never do, and won't return emails or calls, then I suggest you go through renegade for your injectors.

I ordered injectors on 4-4-2013, it was a thursday, Sheldon said he would start them the following monday and they should be done and shipped by wed(4-10). On wed I hadn't heard anything, so I gave him a call to see what the status was, I was told they where almost done and would ship the next day. Was told he would call with the final price and tracking info, at the least he would email me the info. Thursday went by no call, no email, so I called him, no answer so I left a message. Friday came still no call or email, again called and left message. Sat the same, as well as Monday, and I would call on my breaks at work to try and get ahold of him, asking him to just let me know what was going on. Tuesday when I left him a message I told him that If I didn't hear from him by the end of the day I would assume he wasn't interested in making the sell and I would go somewhere else. I as well sent him an email telling him the same. The only good parts are he hasn't charged my card yet, and I was sending my cores in after I got the new injectors.

I'm not a totally unreasonable person, and if Sheldon would have let me know there was an issue, weather it be personal or with the injectors, I would have been understanding.

All in all I'm very dissapointed with my dealings with renegade and would not suggust them to anyone.

See less See more
#39 ·
He told me though yesterday that bad weather(snow i would imagine) hit hard so that might make shipping slower over the next day or so

#40 ·
I message him on Facebook and he just got back to me today, he said he's waiting on nozzles so that could be the hold up guys. I'm not getting injectors any time soon, but when i do I will still go with Renegade.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#44 · (Edited)
I finally got up with him today via text...he said he had my tracking number and would send it to me when he got back to the shop shortly...that was 2pm yesterday...maybe he got lost??

I will say I am not very impressed...he happened to have a set of the injectors I want already built that another guy ordered but didn't pay for.

What pisses me off the most is communication w him was superb...right up until I paid him...then it hit the chit..

It probably would not bother me so bad if it were say a hundred bucks or so...but were talking well over a grand per customer...

They better be some super duper damn 205's lol

#43 ·
warren diesel no problems ever!!!!!!!!! bought one set in process of upgrading and the even cut me a sweet deal.

#46 ·
I have not got a tracking number either and he said he would get it to me yesterday.. Im irritated to say the least

#47 ·
He still hasn't answered any of my messages.

#48 ·
This thread has made me not want injectors from him I'm thinking warren is the way to go I have only heard of him making this right if there is a mess up. Keep us update I think you guys that have been waiting with little to no customer service have every right to be mad. I hope you guys get your stuff soon

#51 ·
Sheldon just messaged me and said ups only showed picking up 1 package and apparently it wasn't mine and no-one knows where my injectors are! Well if ups lost them they are gunna be buying me a brand new set...

#53 ·
My 200/75's from Sheldon are quieter than my stock injectors were. They idle great. Haven't had them running long enough to get any longevity but so far they are very nice.

#54 ·
Well he said he got my stuff straighened out. From what he said they got missplaced so we will see if they come in over the next few days. Hopefully my injectors run as good as people say they are and I will be happy

#55 ·
I hear ya^ I hope mine perform well- if there anything like mitch's then we will be in for a treat. They are quiet as a stock injector. I just got my tracking number today and sceduled delivery is next wed.

#60 ·
I find this thread somewhat comical. I can understand how you are upset about not receiving your parts quickly, and not being sure exactly what is going on and where they are, because I get upset about that stuff too. But, I hate to say it but get used to it. That is the way this industry is, lots of small shops that struggle to keep up with the demand for parts. I can count one hand the shops that have been prompt in responding to me and got my parts to me exactly when they said they would. Personally, I have never had an issue getting in touch with Sheldon. He even overnighted me some parts on his dime because I told him I needed them by a certain time. In my experience his service has been above average for this industry. If you think his response time is bad, try getting a core charge back from Elite. And for those of you tooting Jesse's horn, just put your wieners away. Guess what, my truck was down for two weeks longer than expected waiting on parts from Jesse, probably because he was waiting on parts, but I didn't know that. I had to call to find out. Big deal, I am not sore about it, I know I got good parts at a good price from a genuinely good person.

My point is, welcome to the diesel performance world, not it isn't right, but that is the way it goes. In my experience both Sheldon and Jesse are much better in the customer service department than most other places.

#62 ·
a simple spreadsheet with customers at different stages of the business and updating it would make customer service so easy and make these threads pointless.

I understand getting overwhelmed, but damn, take some time to let people know what's up, not full detail, but something. That goes so much farther than trying to keep them on the hook, and leave a bad taste in heir mouth. Or just hang up your normal job or the side job so you don't run yourself or selves into the ground.

#63 ·
I tend to agree with you. Sometimes the good fly by night shops don't make it due to a simple lack of time...and we all gotta understand after working all day at a primary job...then trying to go home and work another 5-6 hrs is very hard...especially for a family man.

As far as I know Sheldon does this full time...I know he's young...20-21 or so and has a ton of other stuff on his brain as most everyone had and will at that age..

Def not knocking his integrity at all due to his age...just stating a fact...

But were gonna test his 205s this weekend in the 06. Should be fun:)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#64 ·
Good point Toomuch03... But I totally disagree, Ill be 30 in july, and Ive been in business for myself since 21- and the one asset that i have that keeps my small business going and not get swallowed up by the big boys is my excellent communication with customers. I never let any of my customers down on communicating with them and they know when im repairing there items, installing them, shipping them etc etc. Believe me, people can care less how good your product is if you dont communicate with them. But again good point you made.. I am supposed to get my new injects from sheldon tomm according to ups. Excited. Again, sheldon has treated me wonderfully in answering questions etc, just the lack of communication when it came down to MY injectors and when i will be getting them:)

#65 · (Edited)
Be damn sure & check all of your injectors when you get them...

Otherwise you may end up like me...the LAST injector...passenger side at the firewall...hardest side...hardest to get to...and when I unwrap the new injector...this is what I find...

Needless to say I am very very very unhappy at the moment

Attachments

#70 ·
Got mine in, all O-rings and crush washers intact. Only put in 6 though as the rain stopped me

#74 ·
Your video is listed as private. What size are the injectors, where do you live and what are the temps? My used to buck really bad when it was below 20* with plugged spill ports but then it also did it without them. I had Matt pull fuel at idle to correct the issue, but I can't see your video. This was mine:

#75 ·
Your video is listed as private. What size are the injectors, where do you live and what are the temps? My used to buck really bad when it was below 20* with plugged spill ports but then it also did it without them. I had Matt pull fuel at idle to correct the issue, but I can't see your video. This was mine:

IMG 2724 - YouTube
Try to watch it now. I unlocked it. .
205/150

#78 ·
Definitely give Eric a call because I remember Jesse saying something about talking with Eric and making larger injectors sound like stock injectors. I got mine acting right by having Matt @ Gearhead pull fuel at idle. Worked like a champ!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.