live tuning. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 09:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
live tuning.

Here is my problem. I'm from north of Kansas city and as most would know I'm a long ways away from all the big name tuners. I have a mtw stage 3 ordered and a set of 190's but I wanna get it live tuned to get the most out of it. So back to my question I was looking around and found a shop that offers live tuning for powerstrokes with an sct tuner but since I don't know the history of the shop or how much they actually know about tuning them is it worth giving them a shot at tuning it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It might have helped if you put in the name of the shop. I drive 11 hrs to have my truck live tuned and I have a big name tuner 1/2 hr away.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:01 PM

LSXkilr inc is the name of the place that offers Live tuning in Lawrence ks. They are more of a car shop that's one thing that scares me. I understand driving a long ways to get it live tuned by the person you want. but it might be a while before I can make a long drive to one of them. I'm just afraid that just because he can tune it doesn't mean he knows what he's doing. So its either give this guy a shot for now or just settle for mail order tunes.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If it were me....I'd settle for email tunes right now. Then in the future go to a good shop that tunes diesels. I'd look into getting it live tuned by Chris at Truck Source Diesel or Matt at Gearhead Automotive...both shops are in Texas....they're probably the closest for ya.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am the owner/tuner @ LSXkilr Inc
A few details about myself. I have owned a few 7.3s and the older IDIs. I have been using the SCT software since 2009. I am most proficient at tuning gas vehicles, yes. Although, I do tune quite a few diesel.

^all three of these are for Powerstrokes I am doing this weekend. Two are 7.3s and the other is a 6.4. One of the 7.3 guys is a SD with Rosewood single shot stage 2s along with other mods. The reason I note the injectors is if you know the 7.3s the SD are a factory split shot. A lot of tuners/calibrators struggle with the single shot converted SD. I also am performing the IDM mod to one of the 7.3 guy's IDM.

I am in the process of moving to a bigger shop. Also during this transition, I am updating my dyno with L&S hardware and software. -and YES, my dyno is a eddy current loaded twin roller dyno w/ a 2000ft/lb cell. So my dyno won't be back up and going till mid June- hopefully.

Am I the BEST SCT calibrator/tuner out there? -No.
Do I strive to be? -YES!
Do I continually take tuning courses to stay on top of current info? -YES! In fact, I will have all my certifications up on the wall in my new office.
Do I take care of my customers? -YES! They are all quite pleased.

I urge anyone to take a look at my facebook page and hit me up with any questions.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't want to turn this into a soliciting thread as I am not a sponsor of this site. I am just clearing the air on who I am and what I can do.
Here is a customer's 2005 F350 Diesel. He is most interested in economy, towing, and transmission adjustments. He is MORE than HAPPY with his "LSXkilr Custom Calibration"!!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Well since you aren't a sponsor you need to take the clickable link to your site out of your signature as it is a rules violation, and
Old 05-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Done, thanks.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 PM
N.S.D.Q.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSXkilr View Post
I am the owner/tuner @ LSXkilr Inc
A few details about myself. I have owned a few 7.3s and the older IDIs. I have been using the SCT software since 2009. I am most proficient at tuning gas vehicles, yes. Although, I do tune quite a few diesel.

^all three of these are for Powerstrokes I am doing this weekend. Two are 7.3s and the other is a 6.4. One of the 7.3 guys is a SD with Rosewood single shot stage 2s along with other mods. The reason I note the injectors is if you know the 7.3s the SD are a factory split shot. A lot of tuners/calibrators struggle with the single shot converted SD. I also am performing the IDM mod to one of the 7.3 guy's IDM.

I am in the process of moving to a bigger shop. Also during this transition, I am updating my dyno with L&S hardware and software. -and YES, my dyno is a eddy current loaded twin roller dyno w/ a 2000ft/lb cell. So my dyno won't be back up and going till mid June- hopefully.

Am I the BEST SCT calibrator/tuner out there? -No.
Do I strive to be? -YES!
Do I continually take tuning courses to stay on top of current info? -YES! In fact, I will have all my certifications up on the wall in my new office.
Do I take care of my customers? -YES! They are all quite pleased.

I urge anyone to take a look at my facebook page and hit me up with any questions.
Good luck to you. Stay at it and keep up the hard work. It's a tough crowd around here sometimes.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin6L View Post
If it were me....I'd settle for email tunes right now. Then in the future go to a good shop that tunes diesels. I'd look into getting it live tuned by Chris at Truck Source Diesel or Matt at Gearhead Automotive...both shops are in Texas....they're probably the closest for ya.
i second chris at TSD, strokin6L just so you know matt doesnt have a dyno or a big shop really, mostly run out of his house office but the guy can tune some trucks for sure! just wanted to clarify so people dont think that he has a way to do what tsd can with there dyno
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.