FICM SHOWING EHH SIGNS - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FICM SHOWING EHH SIGNS

So getting my truck back on wed with new
oem gaskets, decked heads, egr delete, oil cooler, apr head studs, he replaced leaking glow plugs harness while he was under hood with blank plugs and up pipes. I did the vc-9 flush before hand and provided the cat elc coolant and destilled water.

the guy installs all stuff for sinister in norcal area. he said my FICM is showing 44ish for cold start and around 46.5-47 volts which is little low... im gonna start saving becuase im out of cash now haha

** Ficmrepair.com with like the 40hp tune or just the premium lifetime or

** swamps 48v ficm or

Im gonna start saving this month and ficmrepair.com has 50$ military discount. but i didn't think a for reman was worth 300 so any suggestions?

I have 3k negative equity on truck plus the 3300 for head job and now FICM...

thx for input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you want a permanent fix get a bullet proof diesel ficm ... They have a military discount as well ...
Old 04-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

You can't go wrong with BPD ficm installed one for a customer the other day and I have to say they are impressive you can't appreciate the quaility until you put your hands on one they are def worth it
Old 04-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Serving Our Country!

im more or less short on cash and I was thinking the ficom repair with the atlas 40 tune for the money. or does anyone know someone selling a good ficm? I gotta save for few months after the headgasket job. I do like the BPD FICM but cash is an issue for now.

also with the 40 FICM does anyone know if it really gives a 1 or 2 mpg boost on its own? im not looking for hp just reliability. but if it works CA diesel is pricey haha.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I sent my ficm to ficm repair to be fixed and had the 40hp tune installed 2 weeks ago. I took a road trip the day after i installed it and averaged 60mph for a 6hr trip (cant remember mileage) but my lieometer read 20.6mpg. My truck has Never been over 15.5 so i was very happy. Im still on the same tank so i haven't hand calculated anything yet. Since ive been back in town it shows ive dropped to 18.3 and holding. Also i do have a few other mods which have probably contributed to the total gain but the most significant gain was hands down the ficm tune.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Serving Our Country!

have you looked at your EGT's with the atlas 40 tine FICm from the ficmrepair.com guys? im gonna save this month and half of next before I make the purchase but just curious.

thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.