MORE COMPRESSOR WHEELS FROM MTW::: - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MORE COMPRESSOR WHEELS FROM MTW:::

I have been very busy with all the orders and development I have going on. I have some stock repalcement billet wheels, and are very nice. Are they the same as the wicked wheel, could be the same, I haven't named the wheel anything just a upgrade billet wheel for 05-07 stock turbo trucks the price of the wheels will be on the MTW web site when it comes back up. Looking at about 225.00 for the wheels. I also have the billet stage 1 which are also a upgrade billet drop in for the powermax. Prices are at 325.00 but the more I have ordered the lower the price so it might be dropping in cost. I will keep everone posted, I want to stay very competitive in the sells of the billet wheels, and plan to offer the lowest price on them.

I also plan on 7.3 billet replacement wheels if there is enough interest in them, along with some 7.3 38r turbo mods to increase preformance, I would like to have some 7.3 beta testers for the turbo so let me know if interested.

I haven't gave up on the 6.4 as I have wheels in production for them too, along with the mods to the 6.4 turbo. Still plan on stage 1, 2, 3 and replacement billet wheels.

What other wheels? I have just gotten the stage 3 billet wheel in as a 11 GTX style wheel. The new wheels will be replacing the orginal stage 3 6x6 billet wheels. The stage 4 will be getting here very soon (2 weeks) also a GTX 11 blade design and will be replacing the orginal 6x6 wheel.

I'm building the billet wheel section, to offer the best bang for the buck on all the replacement wheels, and along with the restructuring I'm doing right now look for better communtication and customer service.
Stage 5 yes, on it's way and have beta testers lined up for that turbo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2013, 07:02 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Here are some pictures of the various wheels.

This picture is of the stock replacement next to a stock wheel. Both wheels drop into an 04-07 Turbo. We have one of these wheels out there right now getting some testing done.

Here you can see how much taller it is compared to the OEM wheel.

Then here is the line up of all the single plane wheels starting with the OEM replacement and going to the Stage 1, then one being tested for the Hybrid (there is a dual plane wheel that is being tested as well), and then the new Stage 3 billet wheel (also going into testing).
Old 04-06-2013, 07:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

These things are nice and priced EXTREMELY competitively.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:24 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Looks awesome
Old 04-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

How will these flow compared to the wicked wheel? Makes me think I should have waited.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-06-2013, 08:07 PM
BACKYARDIGAN

I don't think the OEM replacement will flow any less than the Wicked Wheel. Eitherway, an initial report (little 20 mile test drive) with testing this wheel said that spool up was definitely quicker than the stock wheel and EGTs were down at least 50-75F at WOT. We'll see how things go after he drives some more and the PCM learns a little bit more, he does some towing with it, and we get a couple more out there. No surging at all as well.

Is your Wicked Wheel single or dual plane?? Single plane is like this wheel and dual plane is like the OEM wheel??
Old 04-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have no idea if its dual or single. It looks like the oem just taller to me.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-06-2013, 09:18 PM

I am really sorry for my ignorance and lack of knowledge on the subject, but what is the pros and cons of this billet wheel, and how easy is it to install?
Old 04-07-2013, 12:15 AM
Premium Member

I want a wheel for my 03 turbo any one no where I can get one . Diesel site is working on one but I don't want to wait ?
Old 04-07-2013, 03:12 AM
BACKYARDIGAN

We have one for the 03 turbo as well. Call me or shoot me a text at 810-869-7782 or shoot me a PM. Now it isn't a single plane wheel like the one in the pictures above, but I'll take a picture and post it up here in a little bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.