Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

MORE COMPRESSOR WHEELS FROM MTW:::

14K views 70 replies 28 participants last post by  MWilbur516 
#1 ·
I have been very busy with all the orders and development I have going on. I have some stock repalcement billet wheels, and are very nice. Are they the same as the wicked wheel, could be the same, I haven't named the wheel anything just a upgrade billet wheel for 05-07 stock turbo trucks the price of the wheels will be on the MTW web site when it comes back up. Looking at about 225.00 for the wheels. I also have the billet stage 1 which are also a upgrade billet drop in for the powermax. Prices are at 325.00 but the more I have ordered the lower the price so it might be dropping in cost. I will keep everone posted, I want to stay very competitive in the sells of the billet wheels, and plan to offer the lowest price on them.

I also plan on 7.3 billet replacement wheels if there is enough interest in them, along with some 7.3 38r turbo mods to increase preformance, I would like to have some 7.3 beta testers for the turbo so let me know if interested.

I haven't gave up on the 6.4 as I have wheels in production for them too, along with the mods to the 6.4 turbo. Still plan on stage 1, 2, 3 and replacement billet wheels.

What other wheels? I have just gotten the stage 3 billet wheel in as a 11 GTX style wheel. The new wheels will be replacing the orginal stage 3 6x6 billet wheels. The stage 4 will be getting here very soon (2 weeks) also a GTX 11 blade design and will be replacing the orginal 6x6 wheel.

I'm building the billet wheel section, to offer the best bang for the buck on all the replacement wheels, and along with the restructuring I'm doing right now look for better communtication and customer service.:thumb:
Stage 5 yes, on it's way and have beta testers lined up for that turbo.

See less See more
#36 ·
Yeah well I know where both wheels come from so that's no surprise. Are you saying you'd have to have the 11 blade wheel for the Stage4 made up and it isn't currently available from your supplier?

#38 ·
Wow Nate... talk about taking a step backwards going from a stage 3 to an original hybrid like I'm currently running haha...jk, im sure your just testing some stuff out. Is there a reason you have the old style hybrid on the truck and not the new style?

#40 ·
Well my hybrid is not completely original. It does have an 04, 13 bladed turbine wheel in it and the housing is not tweaked or anything, BUT I do have my newly designed 11 blade, single plane wheel in it. I haven't done a whole lot of testing with it yet, but I can without a doubt say that this little guy spools CRAZY fast. Of course, my ported intake manifold probably helps that too. With this turbo I can work the boost down in the 1300-1500 rpm range like it's nothing and it doesn't seem to surge buck or anything. I can't remember my Stage 2 running this good. Also, I'm currently running on a stock Ford tune right now with my 190/100s. This is only because I was having issues that was related to my own error when I was building my turbo. :doh: I should be able to run it and test it some more with an actual tune here on Wednesday. When i get my sh!t back together, I'll post up some videos. I am also equipped FINALLY to monitor back pressure so I can start getting BP readings on all the turbos I run.

It's not like he ever drives fast anyway Chris. :hehe:
This is true. With as much power as I'm making, 20-23% throttle keeps up with the senior citizens :poke:

#42 ·
My hybrid has the stock turbine with the 10 blade wheel...surges really good. However tony fixed the majority of that in his tune. Sounds like that 11 blade really helped then. Don't think the batmo that's in my hybrid really helps all that much. But I know at the time that's the only billet wheel that was offered/available

#43 ·
My hybrid has the stock turbine with the 10 blade wheel...surges really good. However tony fixed the majority of that in his tune.
Have you changed it to the single plane compressor wheel yet Chris? Evidence seems to point at that making the surge go away.

#51 ·
My Brother just took my truck on a trip from western NY to NC to pick up a mustang cobra he bought. Tony wrote me a tow tune for it. Now remember.... my hybrid is the original version with stock turbine side. He said it towed awesome. If it would want/start to surge he just let off the throttle to get it to downshift...then it would stop. But he said he didn't hafta do that too much. And going through the hills of Virginia and W Virginia on the highway can be pretty bad. He said the hottest it got on highway 77 which had the longest and steepest grade was 1000*. He said he always ran 70-75mph.

#57 ·
you wouldnt be happening to be refering to me would you haha!

#50 ·
Looks like I will be testing the 03 wheel from mtw . When I get it ill post my findings , I think this wheel is gonna be a nice little upgrade for my 03 turbo . Thanks to Nate for hooking me up .

#55 ·
Hmmm text sent

#62 ·
I think it's just your truck Eli...

Maybe if you put the stock chrome grille back on, it would work again! :hehe:

:haha:

#65 ·
I wanna beta a 7.3 wheel. what do i have to do?

#70 ·
What happened with the stage 2? Did the Hybrid replace it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.