I'm New, Little Help w/ SCT + Edge Insight - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm New, Little Help w/ SCT + Edge Insight

Hello diesel folks. Let me start by saying I am completely new to this world and know almost nothing about it. I recently purchased an 04 250 with a few light modifications. The truck already had an Edge Insight installed, which I really like, keeps close monitoring on everything and provides good piece of mind. I bought an SCT x3 from a guy at work wanting to get a bit more out of the truck. I unplugged the Edge, let the SCT do its thing, and plugged the Edge back in. Now, the Edge seems to have forgotten everything. It doesnt even give me options anymore for a boost psi gauge, TFT, Oil temp, EGT along with a few others. From the setting I had before, it only retained my ECT gauge and average mpg's. My apologies if this is a noob question, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Jeremy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 11:29 PM
Motor Head.

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yep I had the same issue.It has been a while so I can't exactly remember the fix ,as there are some old threads out there on this topic.If memory serves me its something with reading the Vin ID of the truck and this was only and issue with 03-04 models. I would first make sure you have the latest update on the insight.When I get a chance I will try to find
the older threads and I am sure others will chime in.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Motor Head.

One more thing ,when you plug in the insight does it show the vin or ask you to enter it?
Old 04-06-2013, 05:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would take it out and try to update it....
Old 04-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc68 View Post
One more thing ,when you plug in the insight does it show the vin or ask you to enter it?
I updated the Edge as soon as I brought the truck home probably about two weeks ago. I will try again and see if it helps. And the Edge no longer recognizes the ecu. When I set it up again after the SCT flash, it asked the make/fuel type/motor size during startup. I will do some searching as well and see what I can find, I appreciate your help.

Jeremy
Old 04-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertc68 View Post
Yep I had the same issue.It has been a while so I can't exactly remember the fix ,as there are some old threads out there on this topic.If memory serves me its something with reading the Vin ID of the truck and this was only and issue with 03-04 models. I would first make sure you have the latest update on the insight.When I get a chance I will try to find
the older threads and I am sure others will chime in.
I found a few older threads that you may have been talking about, but most of them are from the '09-'10 time frame and dealing with a previous model Insight. I updated the Insight CTS again tonight, and I am going to play with the SCT tomorrow. If I cant get anything figured out, going to try making some phone calls Monday morning to figure out whats wrong.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Motor Head.

Why don't you take the tune off,then see if the cts shows the pids.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.