Well I got my Stage 1 in Wed of last week. Which worked out perfectly because the UPS man had to make several trips to my garage that day because my 4" MBRP exhaust and 6" tip showed up at the same time. WhooHoo
I called my buddy to see when his 6.0 man could work me in for the install. Well he couldn't get to me until this past Monday. Which was fine because it still gave me time to mount my IPR high flow coolant filter housing. I figured what the hell, he's gonna have the turbo off, I'll let him install the coolant manifold since he was gonna be right there.
I also had him do an EGR delete (welded ends) while he was at it too.
Dropped it off Monday afternoon but didn't get it back until yesterday (Thurs) morn.
I mentioned in another thread that the guy had been telling me the last couple of months that I needed to get an Aurora turbo. He kept talking about one they installed back in Jan and how much power that thing made. After he test drove my truck all he could talk about then was how much power mine (Adrian's) had. LMAO
I know, get to the point right.
My first drive I could tell it had a lot more low end torque. It also had more upper end power but not a set ya back in the seat kind of power but definitely more power than before.
I did notice on the way home that my Insight was only showing a max boost of 22psi. Before it was showing 27psi with the stock turbo. I will say the 22 psi felt stronger than the 27 psi tho.
I wasn't sure if was a computer learning curve thing or the tune. The tune I had in it was a street tune that was made for my stock turbo that has been in the truck for years.
So I emailed Vivian and asked her (she is who I got my SCT and tunes from) if I needed a new tune or should I just drive a while and see if the computer will relearn it after a while.
Well she asked what other changes I had made to my truck since the last time. I emailed her back the changes and she had me 4 new MTW tunes this morning. So I got the MTW street tune loaded up and ready for the drive home from work tonight.
OMG, this sum***** will scoot now. For some reason it still will only show a max boost of 23 psi. The EGT's were good at 1225. Now if this is what 23 psi with this wheel does, I don't need 30 psi. (I actually think it has to be a sensor reading error). It's never had the "sit yo *** back in the seat, get up and go" that it does now even when my stock turbo used to read 32psi. One little stretch of road, as soon as get onto a 4 lane where the speed goes to 65, I got into a little (not really even WOT) and I went from 30mph to 80mph in a short order.
And the awesome sound from the new exhaust just adds to the smile on my face.
And that damn "tink tink tink" sound on shut down from, what sounded like to me, the vanes in the (3rd rebuilt Ford) turbo hitting the shroud are GONE.
Adrian you are the man!!!!
I can't figure out the PSI thing (maybe the MAP hose is loose or something) plus my VGT's at idle only go up to 64 now (before it was 75-80) but honestly I really don't care because my seat of the pants like it A LOT.
And for the ones who are curious, from the previous bad threads on the stage 1.....absolutely no compressor stalls with this wheel for me.