about to have heads off this week looking for opinions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 07:36 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
about to have heads off this week looking for opinions

so coolant pressure is 21.5 so im having the guy who installs sinisters stuff work on my truck... cash is really tight so heres what im gonna do and get added...

im gonna get vc-9 2 qrts and just flush the heck out of it just run it for like 2 hrs and then flush with flat out distilled water and drive it up to him with cat elc, water, oils and oem filters etc..

I have money for the sinister/ xdp kit with...
head studs, oil cooler, egr cooler, oem headgasket and bolts etc...

what else should i get while its all torn down. my injectors are good and my ficm is 47-47.5 so i'll do that later.

read about stc fitting etc...

thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Have the heads thoroughly checked out by a competent machine shop that knows 6.0 heads and have them decked flat.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:14 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jloffermann View Post
so coolant pressure is 21.5 so im having the guy who installs sinisters stuff work on my truck... cash is really tight so heres what im gonna do and get added...

im gonna get vc-9 2 qrts and just flush the heck out of it just run it for like 2 hrs and then flush with flat out distilled water and drive it up to him with cat elc, water, oils and oem filters etc..

I have money for the sinister/ xdp kit with...
head studs, oil cooler, egr cooler, oem headgasket and bolts etc...

what else should i get while its all torn down. my injectors are good and my ficm is 47-47.5 so i'll do that later.

read about stc fitting etc...

thanks guys.
i dont no if you ment to say studs instead of bolts but i would for sure put arp head studs on instead of the oem bolts ... but youy are right on with oem gaskets , i wouldnt use the black ones they sell at sinister i hjave heard bad things about them
Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Premium Member

Is he pulling motor or lifting cab? If you have 05 or newer I would definitely recommend the stc fitting, and the upgraded fuel pressure regulator. If he is pulling the motor see if your bedplate seals are leaking. If its out may want to just do it. However it can add significantly to the price tag.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Serving Our Country!

so got an sinister kit for only 1219.00... got a:
egr delete
oil cooler
oem gaskets
arp headstuds
and im getting the up pipes and blank plugs installed total blessing i was able to scrounge up some cash.

im providing the concenrate zerez cat 1 coolant and distilled water. and hes doing oil and my fuel filters done under 2k miles ago.

and im flushing my truck with water and 2 qrts of vc-9 tomorrow then gonna flush it twice with distilled water with drains open etc... all for under 3500 installed by the guy who installs all the sinister stuff in Rocklin CA.

he checked my bed plate and thats a great call! he even mentioned how thats the root cause of the infamous leak and everyone's afraid to do it. he seemed really knowledgeable and very helpful.

so other then the vc-9 flush with 2 qrts hope thats enough and the blank plugs and up pipes. he said my FICM was litttle low im running at 47.5 for most part it hit 46.5 once like a month ago im thinking after i pay down some the truck work about to be done what FICM you guys reccomend?

thx for all info and help I really hope to be able to help the other 6.0 guys and you have helped me and my roommate with what to look for in a 6.0 for him he says the 7.3's are to sluggish lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.