Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tuner Question

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Justin@DP-Tuner 
#1 ·
Hey guys im doing this for a buddy, but he is wondering what tuner and gauges to run.
The pickup:
2006 Ford F-250 3/4 ton qcsb

His mods are:
4" mbrp exhaust
arp studs
ford head oem gasket
bullet proof egr
new upgraded ford oil cooler
casserly 155cc reman injectors
airdog 165gpm

He is looking at an SCT tuner, not sure what one to get. I have heard good things about both the x3 and the sf3. I was thinking he should probally have a custom tune wrote, so some recommendations on a good tune writer would also be great.

I was also thinking about a 4 gauge pod with, pyro, low side fuel pressure, HPOP, and an edge insite cts.

Any recommendations are welcome and greatly appreciated. Im a cummins guy so im a little lost in the powerstroke world haha.

Thanks guys and have a great easter!

See less See more
#2 ·
:welcome1: to the site... Sct tuner with Innovative Diesel custom tune really woke my truck up. If he's looking for inexspensive gauges glowshift are cheap and affordable they work pretty well on mine. Probably a oil temp gauge would probably be the best investment for these 6.0L since you will never know when the oil cooler will crap out.

#11 ·
I reviewed this device and it appears to be everything I want and need, just 1 small problem.... canned tunes only or a Tuner I'm not trusting at this juncture, as so many know to find a guy that can tune these trucks as custom as as they are is priceless.

So when you can open up the tuner to anyone specifically Tony, Matt Viv and Eric.....I'm a buyer.

denny

#5 ·
Hard to say I still have mix feeling with mine, sometimes wish I went with the SF3 tuner, since I hardly use the live wire except for loading tunes it just spend most of its time in the center consol. Then again mine is the older version.

#6 ·
SCT X3 and the Edge insight CTS with the EGT probe hands down! Best bang for the buck, definitely the best tuner for the truck, and no thousand dollars worth of gauges because the insight CTS had you covered! :nod: If you browse through the 6.0 forum, you are going to read this is the most used combination and there is a reason for that.

#7 ·
X2 ... That's the route in went with for my 550 buildup. I also got a fuel pressure sensor for it.

#10 ·
SCT X3 or SF3 for tuning and the Edge Insight CTS with egt probe. Add a fuel pressure and a low pressure oil pressure gauge. As for tunes the popular choices are Eric at Innovative Diesel, Matt at Gearhead Automotive, Vivian at Quicktricks, and Tony at Total Diesel Performance. My personal choices would be Matt or Tony.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.