6.0 stroker kits? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6.0 stroker kits?

Do they make these? seems like every other race engine has a stroker kit of some sort, and I'm pretty sure it's the only thing that makes the 6.4 a 6.4. A company just came out with one for the Duramax's.. where's ours?!

just wondering, thinking it'd be a cool mod too. 2006 6.4L truck... mmm, has a ring to it :nate:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Oh boy.....I knew it wouldn't be long before Nate gets that motor back out of the truck....
Old 01-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboStroker View Post
Oh boy.....I knew it wouldn't be long before Nate gets that motor back out of the truck....
hahaha c'mon Julian- my wheels are always turnin man! Gotta think ahead of the next guy. you gonna come over and help
Old 01-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TWO50Diesel View Post
hahaha c'mon Julian- my wheels are always turnin man! Gotta think ahead of the next guy. you gonna come over and help
Hell yeah you know it man.......I tried googling it and nothing......but my thought is if the 6.4 is truly just a "bigger" 6.0 meaning the block is the same...then you could something like the 383 stroker from chevy....where you take a 400 crank and put in a 350........you might be on to something there Nate....and not only that but if it works, it usually means you can go higher on the RPM's......I think........imagine a 6.0 that can spin 5g's with out blinking an eye
Old 01-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Hell yeah you know it man.......I tried googling it and nothing......but my thought is if the 6.4 is truly just a "bigger" 6.0 meaning the block is the same...then you could something like the 383 stroker from chevy....where you take a 400 crank and put in a 350........you might be on to something there Nate....and not only that but if it works, it usually means you can go higher on the RPM's......I think........imagine a 6.0 that can spin 5g's with out blinking an eye
sweet! i'll have all the stuff ready and the engine out by the time you get here mang! (drive... don't fly, I need a lil bit)

yeah- i did the ol' google too and came up with nothing. but you just typed out everything I was thinking, and some of the reasons why I came up with it all. Just looking into things that haven't been done and trying to make it happen. pioneering the diesel community haha
Old 01-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Let's Run'em

Well Nate there is only one way to find out.....maybe Scuffy or Marc could lend some insight on this...
Old 01-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well Nate there is only one way to find out.....maybe Scuffy or Marc could lend some insight on this...
dude... what about just getting the internals to a 6.4 truck?!?! i just thought of it. I dunno- like you said. the guys might be able to lend a hand. where you at brudas?!
Old 01-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Let's Run'em

Quote:
dude... what about just getting the internals to a 6.4 truck?!?! i just thought of it. I dunno- like you said. the guys might be able to lend a hand. where you at brudas?!
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.....is there any way to get measurements of the two blocks as far as piston size, rod length, crank size, bearings....etc??
Old 01-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.....is there any way to get measurements of the two blocks as far as piston size, rod length, crank size, bearings....etc??
we'll just have to see. I PMed scott- we'll see what he says. I think it can be done. and if I'm gonna be opening the motor up one day to do sticks, turbo, and what not- dang it, i'm gonna be the first 6.0 with a stroker kit! Change my badges to powerSTROKED! now THAT has a ring to it
Old 01-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
Quote:
we'll just have to see. I PMed scott- we'll see what he says. I think it can be done. and if I'm gonna be opening the motor up one day to do sticks, turbo, and what not- dang it, i'm gonna be the first 6.0 with a stroker kit! Change my badges to powerSTROKED! now THAT has a ring to it
come on easy now Nate I will say though man if you got a good machine shop that knows there stuff then anything is possible. Hopefully Lauren will stop warming the passenger seat and start buying parts If you bored your block and have maybe some 1 off parts made you can do it. I mean a true stroker is crank and all but even if you had your stoke crank balanced and blue printed it would be good. I dont even know what size stock bore and stroke is lol but I bet pending if the stock sleeves will have enough meat in them you could do it. Or then you may need some 1 off sleeves made. Recondition rods are cheap and when stock rod bolts are changed out to ARP stuff its even better. ARP main studs. 1 off pistons, new sleeves or bored. You would have a wicked 6.? whatever it can be brought too. Do it your gonna need it to keep up with me anyways
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.