Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Purdue Dyno Day

9K views 97 replies 23 participants last post by  pcris 
#1 · (Edited)
I put the Excursion on the rollers today. :woot: I also got to meet Gary, Bryan and Adrain. I will let Bryan and Adrain tell you about what went on with their trucks. I will post my dyno graph tomorrow. But the run down now. I have a MTW Stage 2 along with 190/50. I put down 545rwhp & 1001rwtq.

On a side note. Adrain is a stand up guy. I can't wait to see where his company goes with the 6.0L's and beyond. He is a crazy man to drive as far as he did just to dyno his truck. :nod: Then turn around and go back home. Keep up the great work. :icon_ford:

#7 ·
#3 ·
#4 ·
I'd like to hear what some other trucks laid down for power with their MTW turbo setups.

#5 ·
I seen Brian's truck run and all I can say is wow! That truck put down awesome numbers with the Mtw stage 1! I will let Brian tell you all. I also met Adrian, what a truly awesome guy, took the time to show me all the stuff on the mad truck and explain to me about what turbo I should go with. He even gave me a mtw hat! Didn't get to see the mad truck run had to leave, but I cant wait to hear the numbers!

#6 ·
I got 515/820 tq today and after the first run it stayed around 500/800 with fuel dropping to 27! Idk if a empty tank had anything to do with that though haha
Truck has stock gears and 35in tires and the dyno operator isn't good with diesels he can't get it to stay in a gear. That's the best it made at 3400rpms and says it shoulda been higher if he can register it at 2000rpm n up
Mods are
Ported intake
Powermax
Reg return
175/75
Steedspeeds
With a gear head tune

#8 ·
Wish I would have known about it..To bad its not tomorrow..

#12 ·
Great numbers so far guys!

#13 ·
Thanks guys. I hit 38lbs of boost on the dyno. I'm glad that I still got the whistle, Nate. :nod: I have been trying all morning to get my scanner to work. For some reason we can't get it to. :eek: So, I done the next best thing. I took a picture of it with my phone. I might of been able to get a little bit better numbers if it wouldn't of down shifted.

#16 ·
Ryan, when you plan on taking that over sized mini van down the 1/4?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#22 · (Edited)
I hit 554.42 RWHP 1012.84 LB/FT Torque. Blew a boost line for my boost gauge on the first run when I hit the 554 and 1012 and Chase Fleece (Co-owner of Fleece Performance/Dyno operator) said if it didn't blow that line and cause a big boost leak and it didn't shift into overdrive on the second run said he almost guarantees my truck is 580+ with all things working properly. Also wanted to point out I was running my original SPD from Chris B. at TSD that was written for 175/stock nozzles which has fuel pulled for a stock charger and stock turbo tuning. I ran my 175/75's, MTW Tweaked Billet Stage 1, ported 6.4 intake manifold and a Atlas 40 tune.

I had the second highest horsepower 6.0 on the rollers Saturday. The only other 6.0 with more power hit 630 on 225/100's from Casserly and a 63mm non-vgt turbo.

Here is a quick video of the actual dyno run. You can definitely tell there is more left in it.

#23 ·
That's friggin awesome Bryan. The other 6L must a been Jason bannon then

#26 · (Edited)
Dyno Graph. (I had my boost line for my boost gauge blow off halfway through the first run. Second run Chase Fleece got on it to quick and it down shifted all while still having a boost leak from the prior run and third run heat soak set in and still had a boost leak) Keep in mind this was all done on a tune for 175/stock injectors and stock charger.

Here are some pics from the event.

Adrian, me and Gary. And YES your DAMN RIGHT I AM WEARING MY FLIPPY FLOPPIES!!!

My wife took this pic of me while I was taking pics of other trucks lol.

My wife and a couple of Cumaparts.

Team MTW.

Me and my boys, Bentley and Julien.

Gary and Sara.

Me and my son Bentley, he wanted to help us swap FICM's in Adrian's truck.

My wife, Bailey and myself.

Fleece Performance's 1100 HP Twin Turbo Duramax.

This 12v Cumapart put down 890 RWHP.

Little man running around getting dirty waiting for our turn to hit the rollers.

#28 ·
That's awesome Bryan! And everyone always said it takes atleast 190's to hit 550hp lol. Guess Adrian proved em wrong with the billet Stage 1. So this arises a few questions, does this billet Stage 1 flow better than the Stage 2? Why did you dyno on the atlas 40 instead of Hercules? Does it feel stronger in your truck on the 40?

#29 ·
So this arises a few questions, does this billet Stage 1 flow better than the Stage 2??
We unfortunately don't have a solid answer for this as we don't have any way to flow test our turbos. I will say, though that it wouldn't surprise me if it did flow more air because the blades actually have SIGNIFICANTLY more surface area than the cast wheel in the Stage 2 (even though the dimensions on paper are bigger). Nevertheless, we have one and are getting more hybrid/stage 2 billet wheels that have the same blade design as the billet wheel in the Stage 1s that we will be testing to see how they perform.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.