Tranny Options - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
6.0L Performance Parts Discussion What has or has not worked for you?

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tranny Options

Hi guys, it seems that the time has finally come to do something with the transmission in my truck. It started shuttering when going into reverse a few weeks ago and since then it has drastically went down hill. I called BTS and it looks like its going to be $6300 or so to have them build me a trans. And it comes with only 2 year warranty. I'm not going Suncoast or ATS because I've seen way too many fail. I really don't want to spend $6k on a trans. So I have been looking at options on rebuilding my trans. Does anyone have any advice on where to look for a good performance rebuild kit? I am thinking a good PI or RCD torque converter and performance rebuild kit should be plenty to handle the power I'm making. Am I correct in this thinking? Also does anyone know anything about Elite Diesel trannys? They have whole trannys starting at $2500. What about a rebuild kit something like this: 5R110 High Performance Rebuild Kit

I figure I will end up with $3500-4000 in it before its said and done but $6k+ is just really too much for what I plan to do with the truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 06:01 PM

you have a pm
Old 03-27-2013, 06:23 AM

Nobody has any opinions??
Old 03-27-2013, 06:32 AM

I believe elite sells twisted's transmissions. They have good reviews around some of the forums. Check out Warren Diesel. Their stock+ build with converter is only 2800 --3800 for a competition build. Plus you can choose between DPC, PI, Suncoast or PATC converters.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:03 AM

Ive heard great things about warren transmission. I know jesse runs one in his pull truck, maybe give them a call.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:39 AM

Cool, sounds like Warren is the way to go. Anybody know what kind of warranty he puts on them? I've read the PI converters are good. Idk anything about the DPC or PATC converters. Other than I think PATC is what Jesse ran in his sled truck? I won't own anything Suncoast.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:35 AM
Turbos = Witchcraft

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath_R View Post
I believe elite sells twisted's transmissions. They have good reviews around some of the forums. Check out Warren Diesel. Their stock+ build with converter is only 2800 --3800 for a competition build. Plus you can choose between DPC, PI, Suncoast or PATC converters.
Elite builds their own transmissions with suncoast converters. Mine served me well, still have some of their billet parts in it actually. I have heard good things about Warren trannys. I think they let you decide whether you want DPC, PI ir PATC converters. BTS is also a very good option, they also use PI converters.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
BTS...its 2 years he foots the shipping bill...after you pay shipping....
BTS comes with a PI that builds to BTS spec.

I can get you one at a better price..plus cheaper shipping so PM me if I can help.

Also check with John Wood...
Old 03-27-2013, 01:01 PM

Well guys its looking like Warren is what I'm going to go with. Is the PI converter the one that everybody favors? Any pros or cons to it or the other available converters with the Warren trans?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:26 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm in the same boat as you man. Mine just started to slip out and bounce off the limiter when you get on it. I thought I would be good for a while with my hp output and a shift solenoid, but I guess not. I only have two weeks left up at college, and was hoping to do the rebuild myself (mostly just for the experience). Who sells a complete kit with a heavy converter, for a decent price?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.